Thread: Not just for Christmas lights

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not just for Christmas lights

Someone had an idea for a new product service for this covid stuff and they wanted me to design and build a prototype.
    Done but needed to test run it for actual usage as if day to day scenarios to see how the electronics hold up.
    So decided to use a ss16 I got from pmiller with a espixel pop a raspberry pi with FPP and edge router x and umbiquity loco nano using vixen .
    Made up a sequence of 2 songs for a 6 min on time and a few more to make up a 15 min off time run through falcon player off the pi and now I get the actual simulation of usage for an 8 hour day to see if I have any issues. And I donít have to sit out here and babysit it.
    Big shout out to Martin mueller and pmiller angus40 and a many others but these guys spent time over the phone helping me work things out .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Not just for Christmas lights

If all goes well, would you do a writeup or walkthough video of how you tied everything together?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukewarrior View Post
    If all goes well, would you do a writeup or walkthough video of how you tied everything together?
    Sure ... worked as expected for 6 hours and helped by finding out the pump on the design canít handle the heat at mid day as well as the power supply ...at the expected operation times so it was successful .