Thread: Which Cords?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Which Cords?

Hello,

What cords are some people using on their renards? It gets very expensive buying 24 extension cords for a single renard ss24, has somebody found a cheaper option? I found that Light-O-Rama sells an entire cord set for pretty cheap, does anybody know if that would work? I will link it here: http://store.lightorama.com/dacowiquco.html

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Which Cords?

Quote Originally Posted by dgbcoleman View Post
    Hello,

What cords are some people using on their renards? It gets very expensive buying 24 extension cords for a single renard ss24, has somebody found a cheaper option? I found that Light-O-Rama sells an entire cord set for pretty cheap, does anybody know if that would work? I will link it here: http://store.lightorama.com/dacowiquco.html
    Buy yourself a roll of SPT-1 wire and some vampire plugs. Make your own. I just got rid of a ton of wire and over 100 plugs a day go.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F301734130872
    Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pmiller; 07-03-2020 at 05:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

When I was using my Ren32, I used dollar store cords and just cut them.
    Phil

Post Thanks / Like

At one time we had 16 SS-24s, and 1 SS-16. All chords were made from SPT-2, with vampire plugs.
    Several rolls (1000') of cable.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

The lor style will work BUT most renards have screw terminals for power. You would need to either replace the screw terminals with quick connects or cut the ends off or make a quick connect stub.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by algerdes View Post
    At one time we had 16 SS-24s, and 1 SS-16. All chords were made from SPT-2, with vampire plugs.
    Several rolls (1000') of cable.
    For custom length cords Id go this way too .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I regularly end up purchasing SPT-2 wire and make my cords. I tend to not use the Vampire plugs. I purchase the super cheap short cords at the dollar store, cut them and solder the socket end onto my (cut to length) wire. The other end goes onto the screw terminals so I just throw the plug ends away.

2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your responses, I now know that I have been spending way to much on cords.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MartinMueller2003 View Post
    I regularly end up purchasing SPT-2 wire and make my cords. I tend to not use the Vampire plugs. I purchase the super cheap short cords at the dollar store, cut them and solder the socket end onto my (cut to length) wire. The other end goes onto the screw terminals so I just throw the plug ends away.
    I did similar. Menards had the extension cords in sale for $0.49 one time do I bought enough for both of my SS24s at the time. 9ft length and cut the plug end off to screw right to the terminals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk