Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pixel to pvc

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pixel to pvc

Quote Originally Posted by Cdanna77 View Post
    I would be interested in the kung fu clip .stl my self.
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4541302

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you put it up on Thingiverse. Awesome little clip.
    Do you think would hold up better to hot and cold PETG or ABS. Iím in NYC so our Xmas season is unpredictable as far as temps go.
    Last edited by Cdanna77; 07-13-2020 at 05:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cdanna77 View Post
    Thank you put it up on Thingiverse. Awesome little clip.
    Fyi I used petg with 100 percent infill

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I just seen what you posted. Sorry.

Post Thanks / Like

I printed a few test Kung fu clips for my DIYLEDEXPRESS pixelbulbs, I think I would scrap the pixel bulb clip and just use these Kung fu clips. I printed 4 and attached them just like I did my zip ties and they work the same but allows me to move the pixels as needed. Last year my wife & I used around 1900 zip ties (that is a lot of clips I would have to print) especially since in used another 2000 again this year in adding more lights. But I’m just going to start printing these and used them were I need to remove the zip ties during tear down. I figure I will probably print about 500 or so and maybe even start to slowly replace my zip time as I think these will work the same but more easily removable and I can make adjustment without cutting them. I was able to get 30 on a build plate at 15% infill at 6:45 hours print time. The 15% infill seems to be pretty solid plus for all my gutter & roof clips I printed around 250 of these all at 15% in PETG put up from Nov - Jan in Indiana not a single one broke in put up or tear down.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Byhova View Post
    I printed a few test Kung fu clips for my DIYLEDEXPRESS pixelbulbs, I think I would scrap the pixel bulb clip and just use these Kung fu clips. I printed 4 and attached them just like I did my zip ties and they work the same but allows me to move the pixels as needed. Last year my wife & I used around 1900 zip ties (that is a lot of clips I would have to print) especially since in used another 2000 again this year in adding more lights. But Iím just going to start printing these and used them were I need to remove the zip ties during tear down. I figure I will probably print about 500 or so and maybe even start to slowly replace my zip time as I think these will work the same but more easily removable and I can make adjustment without cutting them. I was able to get 30 on a build plate at 15% infill at 6:45 hours print time. The 15% infill seems to be pretty solid plus for all my gutter & roof clips I printed around 250 of these all at 15% in PETG put up from Nov - Jan in Indiana not a single one broke in put up or tear down.
    Thatís great I hope it works out for you I havenít tried at a lower infil yet but I really like em Iím printing for myself aswell after last year so much time wasted zip tieing and then again cutting when done . I used a .8mm nozzle to print them a bit faster so far so good I only print 5 at a time on 3 machines right now so average about 15 every 45 min I think .
    The other clips I couldnít get to print anyway other than printing 2 prices and glueing them together as thatís just too much work for that many .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wilmar View Post
    Thatís great I hope it works out for you I havenít tried at a lower infil yet but I really like em Iím printing for myself aswell after last year so much time wasted zip tieing and then again cutting when done . I used a .8mm nozzle to print them a bit faster so far so good I only print 5 at a time on 3 machines right now so average about 15 every 45 min I think .
    The other clips I couldnít get to print anyway other than printing 2 prices and glueing them together as thatís just too much work for that many .

Yeah I am really liking these clips, they are so much easier to adjust the spacing between the lights if the 4Ē spacing needs to be 3-3.5Ē to squeeze an extra bulb in the PVC sections. These work great. You should try a lower infill, like I said I did 15% and they fill extremely solid at 15% although I didnít print them at 100% I was looking it through the slicer and it didnít look like there was much to fill. However either way these are awesome

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I am really liking these clips, they are so much easier to adjust the spacing between the lights if the 4Ē spacing needs to be 3-3.5Ē to squeeze an extra bulb in the PVC sections. These work great. You should try a lower infill, like I said I did 15% and they fill extremely solid at 15% although I didnít print them at 100% I was looking it through the slicer and it didnít look like there was much to fill. However either way these are awesome
    Good to hear thank you

Post Thanks / Like

If you plan on using 2 per pixel you may be able to scale each one half as thick havenít tried it yet printers are all full with snowflakes till tomorrow.
    May save some filament and time .

Post Thanks / Like

Ok I think Iíve done it , figured a way to print the pixabulb clip in one piece . Forgive the print quality as I didnít want to change nozzles for a test run so was printed with .8mm nozzle . I donít have any pixabulbs but I used 3 wire to show how it fits in the grooves. Seems to be pretty solid .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123