Thread: Newbie simple addressable pixel string accent lighting configuration

Post Thanks / Like

Default Newbie simple addressable pixel string accent lighting configuration

I have a string of 150 addressable rgb led pixel lights I'm looking for a simple way to have a static string with 20 specific lights on(corners of house, each side of peak etc). I have an esppixel stick. I can make the lights chase, pulse etc, but just want a simple static color. I'd also like to have more of a traditional 4 color static alternating sequence of lights along the string. I'll play around with more difficult shows going forward. Need this so my wife is happy then I can get the fancy stuff later.

Thank You

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Newbie simple addressable pixel string accent lighting configuration

The pixel stick can be modified to output a static color using the diagnostic modes. I have also modified the pixel stick to do a slow fade between colors on a list. This means you can do what you want with the equipment on hand. If you cant program the pixel stick, then you could set up an FPP and play some slow sequences to the pixel stick, making it do anything you want.

2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Newbie simple addressable pixel string accent lighting configuration

Quote Originally Posted by jasonlynn View Post
    I have a string of 150 addressable rgb led pixel lights I'm looking for a simple way to have a static string with 20 specific lights on(corners of house, each side of peak etc). I have an esppixel stick. I can make the lights chase, pulse etc, but just want a simple static color. I'd also like to have more of a traditional 4 color static alternating sequence of lights along the string. I'll play around with more difficult shows going forward. Need this so my wife is happy then I can get the fancy stuff later.

Thank You
    WLED will do exactly what you want .
    Just install it on your esp ,load the phone app or open a browser and away you go . No other hardware needed but your esp !

Post Thanks / Like

I've probably not explained this correctly. I kinda want it to look like this, and staticgemstone.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Ive probably not explained well. I kinda want it to look like this
    gemstone.jpggemstone.jpg
    thanks for the assistance

Post Thanks / Like

The effect you have posted is very simple . For simplicity and limited hardware requirements you can experiment with your pixels and your esp using WLED firmware .

Without knowing your pixel configuration/layout we can only assume you have a single straight line of 150 pixels .
    You would need to map the pixels as to which ones you want to be turned on and which ones you want left off ,
    Very simple to do .

You will of course need to do some reading .
    https://github.com/Aircoookie/WLED/wiki/Segments