Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grouping of lights

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Grouping of lights

I have been running 10 or 11 ESPixelsticks for the previous 3 years with rarely a hiccup. If you want to use 40fps, i believe that you will need to limit the number of pixels on one ESPixelstick (pop) to 640.
    Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wilmar View Post
    All is right in the world once again thanks for the help everything is working as should even on the preview screen now . Thanks for taking the time to help !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You are very welcome.

2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sctwohig View Post
    Don't be afraid of the pixel pops, and wifi. I guess maybe I am lucky as I live in an area without a lot of wifi traffic, as I heard that can cause issues if there are to many wifi signals in a close proximity. The main thing is to have a dedicated Access Point like the Ubiquity Nano M2 and run the pixel pops in multicast mode. I ran over 28 of them last year and had no issues with them being out of sync. I even had some singing faces on espixel sticks and normally didn't notice any lag. If I connected my pc or phone to that network I would sometimes see lag, while it was connected. When I used a wifi router I could only connect 5 - 6 esp's before I would run into issues.
    I think Iíve built around 15 or more pixel pops so far and have an umbiquity nano and edge router running a completely separate WiFi network only for my Christmas lights so Iím thinking I should be good but always have a back up plan lol .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12