Thread: WS2811 current draw

Post Thanks / Like

Default WS2811 current draw

It's been a long time since I have tested any of these.. Does anyone have true measured current draw on ws2811 12v 60LED/M 20 pix/M flex strips?

I know what the cut sheet says, but I seem to remember it is higher than the 14.4w it is rated for. I am looking at 3.6M for my final parts..

Thanks.
    Craig

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WS2811 current draw

Depends on your brightness. A couple years back I informally tested power consumption (P= I x V) and found the function was sort of linear to some point (based on how many pixels I could push), but didnít get actual numbers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kensington View Post
    Depends on your brightness. A couple years back I informally tested power consumption (P= I x V) and found the function was sort of linear to some point (based on how many pixels I could push), but didn’t get actual numbers.
    Actual P is not exactly as stated from China.. go figure.. I just don't remember what it was.. there is some quiescent current along with variations in the actual draw. I am looking for 100% on white as always. (I always design for worst case)..

Post Thanks / Like

I probably have a couple meters of that strip for arches. I’ll dig it out and see if I can get a reading.