Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well, I took my shoe off......

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Well, I took my shoe off......

Quote Originally Posted by beeiilll View Post
    This is a hard "hobby" to just give up without having a very real issue that prevents one from being able to do it! I miss it every day as well but have to get more surgery first before I can make up my mind if I will try again or have to stop for good.

I can imagine that many people miss you on here as well Craig. I check the forum each day just for my "fix" of the hobby at this point.

Good luck on whatever you decide although I would certainly love to see what you come up with next!
    Thanks.. part of my problem was like you, I was on the boards every day..sometimes for hours.. I got over the need for the fix by quitting cold turkey.. now that itch.. I am still thinking about it..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by T.D.Sutton View Post
    I don't think there are any Piranas in there :-)
    Sure about that?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MartinMueller2003 View Post
    Whats one string of LEDs along the top of the garage door gonna hurt.
    Yyyyyeeeaaahhh.... NO! LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Millard View Post
    Craig,

We need your inspiration, and the sheer genius of your creations.

Come back to the light side. I for one have blatantly copied your ideas due to my lack of creativity.

You’re an artist reaching out to touch his canvas... with... a... toe?!? OK, I don’t know where I’m going with thi...

Jeff
    Hey Jeff.. Thank you for the kind words.. I'm still thinkin.. I have a lot to consider.. So much of my stuff is now in the hands of others.. and most are doing cool things with them.. Wife hasn't given me any grief yet.. LOL

I do love to share ideas and see what others do with them..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jnealand View Post
    As I get older I keep wondiering how much longer I am going to do this. Last year I told my wife I was done buying new stuff and would just use up the excess stuff that I already had in house. Well that didn't last long. Working on an additional megaspinner, an additional matrix (1000 nodes), icicles for the side of my house, 8 new arches. sigh. And near as anyone has been able to tell I may be the oldest animated lighter that is still active (78). If I can do it, certainly you can do it.
    Wow.. you are 78? That is impressive! I don't know where my thoughts will take me but I am truly thinking about it..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by plasmadrive View Post
    Hey Jeff.. Thank you for the kind words.. I'm still thinkin.. I have a lot to consider.. So much of my stuff is now in the hands of others.. and most are doing cool things with them.. Wife hasn't given me any grief yet.. LOL

I do love to share ideas and see what others do with them..
    Your star flakes and RBL's are still shining bright in my display! Happy to sell them back to you if you want. I'm only 6 hours south of you... As long as I'm able I will have a display. I don't know how you just quit. I couldn't do it. Jump back in!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by uncledan View Post
    Your star flakes and RBL's are still shining bright in my display! Happy to sell them back to you if you want. I'm only 6 hours south of you... As long as I'm able I will have a display. I don't know how you just quit. I couldn't do it. Jump back in!
    Awesome.. I am so glad they got a good home.. I think if I step back in I might look at making all new props. Maybe more toward animatronics.. But thank you..

It was not easy to just quit.. but due to traffic I really had no choice. If I do come back it will be for random one nighters.. I figure that I about the only way to keep the traffic manageable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by plasmadrive View Post
    Awesome.. I am so glad they got a good home.. I think if I step back in I might look at making all new props. Maybe more toward animatronics.. But thank you..

It was not easy to just quit.. but due to traffic I really had no choice. If I do come back it will be for random one nighters.. I figure that I about the only way to keep the traffic manageable.
    Animatronics!
    Animatronics!!
    Animatronics!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    ~Jason
    [URL]http://www.tooz.us[/URL]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12