Thread: Wireless Window Candles

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wireless Window Candles

http://digwdf.com/store/
    Even though the DIGWDF Store has been closed for more than a year, it's still awesome!
    User guides, documentation and other files are still free and available for downloading.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wireless Window Candles

Yep. I did one of these too. I have three large bay windows on the front of the house, so I used pixelpops with a small wall wart for each. They run off my show network from the falcon player. The neighbors are jealous. ;-)

Jeff
    Please consider becoming a Supporting Member of DIYC. Show your thanks to those who make this place possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I remember how clever your mod was! I went a slightly different way -- I used WS2811 LEDs with the chip built-in since I had a couple bags of them. Also used 1/2" PVC pipe and a 3D printer. These can be interconnected using common, modular telephone cables or powered individually.

20200516_202333.jpg 20200516_202542.jpg IMG_1494.JPG

http://digwdf.com/store/
    Even though the DIGWDF Store has been closed for more than a year, it's still awesome!
    User guides, documentation and other files are still free and available for downloading.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a similar chip and RGB LED, but theyre TLS3001. I didnt know how to light them with ESPixel, so the little chips I used won out. I noticed recently someone found a way to control TLS with the Pixel POPs. Sometime in the future, Id like to recreate another version of the candles from and old set I have. When they were powered by AC, they got so hot the plastic became brittle. When I have time, Id like to 3D print something.

Jeff
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Please consider becoming a Supporting Member of DIYC. Show your thanks to those who make this place possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Here are the TLS3001 chips. I bought them because I wanted to re-lamp GECE large C9 bulbs. Another back burner project. But these might work to fix up my older candles.

Jeff
    Attached Images Attached Images