Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tls 3001 & ws 28*** at the same time Wirelessly

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tls 3001 & ws 28*** at the same time Wirelessly

How about this, this and this?

Jeff
    Please consider becoming a Supporting Member of DIYC. Show your thanks to those who make this place possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Jeff, those parts look good. The output signal from the Nano needs to be inverted with something. Angus is using a transistor and Iím using a MAX485 module because thatís what the original project used and I have lots of them. Below is a photo of my development board, itís just your standard single sided stripboard, I will probably do a PCB at some time as the cost will be negligible.

There are very few connections so stripboard works fine, I'll PM you more details.
    IMG_1288.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

I think, not exactly sure, that I have a couple max485s. When I get home I’ll look and see what I have. Thank you for the help, and including me in the project. Ordering the parts now.

Jeff
    Please consider becoming a Supporting Member of DIYC. Show your thanks to those who make this place possible.

Post Thanks / Like

The Max485 boards were $7 so I tossed them into the order. The ESP won’t get here until the first week of June but that’s OK. I’m in no hurry.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Wish I understood computer languages as I am also interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Really looking forward to working on these. A couple of weeks down the road though. I looked and I have strip boards so I didn’t need to order those. It’ll be nice to have a way to control the TLS3001 Pixel I have. There’s a couple boxes of them in the shed I was seriously considering selling off as I didn’t have an simpler way to control them than setting up an E682 or the like. Thanks again Barnabybear and Angus.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

@ Wilmar

You can get started quite easily here .
    There is an huge following and endless amount of support .
    Depending on what electronics supplies you have around the house , you can get an uno or mega kit and
    follow a few tutorials etc to get versed in how the coding works .

Like anything else learning and understanding gotta start somewhere !

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Jeff, it appears to be a pretty small club of TLS3001 owners and you are more than welcome. If there are others out there interested you are also welcome along, testing as we are now (it’s looking good) or just playing along later. I /we intend to make available the finished result available for all TLS users.

If you have some time on your hands and like a read of rambling development I’ve linked 2 posts on the green site below. The first goes through the original concept of having a small, cheap, low output controller made from off the shelf parts that could be DIY and supported most if not all display formats (it doesn’t support Renard as I don’t entirely understand it and no one has asked).

The second is the self-indulgent conclusion of the project so I can run my TLS3001’s from my own controller.

https://www.diychristmas.org/vb1/sho...ll=1#post90440

https://www.diychristmas.org/vb1/sho...l=1#post100470

Post Thanks / Like

@ Jeff Just an fyi

The Nano clones seem to have issues for many trying to get the drivers installed .

Here is a non-China site that I found to have great working drivers.

Also in the Arduino IDE -> board settings /processor I had to select ATmega328P(old bootloader)

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome! Thank you very much!

Jeff

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast