Thread: Are mice a concern w hen storing lights?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Are mice a concern w hen storing lights?

This is my first year attacking light to J-channel for easier setup. In the past storage was easy because it could be rolled up and hidden away. But 12í sections of channel is a little harder to hide. Has anyone ever had problems with mice chewing on exposed wires. Is there any way to keep them away. I plan on rolling them up in a tarp, but Iím sure a mouse will just chew itís way threw that.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Are mice a concern w hen storing lights?

You may want to toss a few mothballs in the tarp with the lights. I haven't had mice attack my Xmas light strings but I did have chipmunks attack the wiring harness of my wife's Jeep. I've been told that some manufacturers use environmentally friendly peanut oil in the process.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Only if you store them where there are mice...... sorry, couldn't resist.....

Post Thanks / Like

There were a few posts a few years back about people having issues with squirrels chewing on the wires. That was also tracked back to peanut oil used in the production process. In general rodents have left my lights alone in the shed. With that said, there are things that mice do not like. You could roll stalks of peppermint into your lights. Peppermint and a few other substances are known to be things mice avoid.

2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like I will be researching things that are mice repellants. Thanks.