Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Singing Trees preview for AC Lights

Post Thanks / Like

Default Singing Trees preview for AC Lights

Dipping my toe into singing faces and was looking for a model to use in the preview. What I have is Holiday Coro Singing Tree prop made for incandescent or AC LED lights. I can't seem to find a model to use in for either xLights or Vixen3. All the Models out there, that I found anyway, are for Dumb Nodes or Pixels. Could I use it anyway?
    If I have to do a custom model, How? Any pointers. Any help? Thanks.
    Rayhjr I Love This Stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Singing Trees preview for AC Lights

Quote Originally Posted by rayhjr View Post
    Dipping my toe into singing faces and was looking for a model to use in the preview. What I have is Holiday Coro Singing Tree prop made for incandescent or AC LED lights. I can't seem to find a model to use in for either xLights or Vixen3. All the Models out there, that I found anyway, are for Dumb Nodes or Pixels. Could I use it anyway?
    If I have to do a custom model, How? Any pointers. Any help? Thanks.
    There are tree prop faces in Vixen for pixels. In Vixen go to View, Prop Editor, Tools, Vendor Browser, Christmas, Singing Elements, Chromacharacters--Christmas Tree. There are 2 of them. The first one is for 12mm bullet or square and the 2nd is for 12mm bullet.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pmiller; 04-26-2020 at 09:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Dumb nodes are really close. Change from rgb to single colr and you should be good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeKrebs View Post
    Dumb nodes are really close. Change from rgb to single colr and you should be good.
    Is this something you have done? I'm trying to understand how to use a model with 13 positions and 249 nodes(channels) with my 8 positions and 8 channels.
    How would you map that. Even changing to single color still leaves those positions and channels in place.

Post Thanks / Like

You could just make your own model in the prop editor that matches your prop. You could look at some of the ones that are in the vendor library to see how they look and then use that knowledge to build your own. You might even be able to modify one of them after you import it to meet your needs if it is close. There are videos on the you tube channel showing how to do it as well.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeffu231 View Post
    You could just make your own model in the prop editor that matches your prop. You could look at some of the ones that are in the vendor library to see how they look and then use that knowledge to build your own. You might even be able to modify one of them after you import it to meet your needs if it is close. There are videos on the you tube channel showing how to do it as well.

Jeff
    I have been watching those videos and I'm so glad they are there. I just thought someone may have already made a model for Standard Lighting that would like to share and save me possibly hours of time creating one myself. Thanks for y'alls input, Time to get busy.

Post Thanks / Like

It took me 20 minutes to create a crappy looking tree that allowed me to see how things look. You dont need a perfect model, just a place holder.

2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MartinMueller2003 View Post
    It took me 20 minutes to create a crappy looking tree that allowed me to see how things look. You dont need a perfect model, just a place holder.
    True. But I like it to look as true to real think as possible. A Effect could look great in Preview an look like crap on my house, or vice-versa. I realized it's just a singing face and it's just mouth and eye movements, not like I'll be putting bars, or altering effects on them, but still......

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

True. But I like it to look as true to real think as possible. A Effect could look great in Preview an look like crap on my house, or vice-versa. I realized it's just a singing face and it's just mouth and eye movements, not like I'll be putting bars, or altering effects on them, but still......

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    I totally agree with that. The way that i treat the display is to look at the screen as one big matrix. So you play with the layout and representation of the elements to suit the effect you wish to achieve. The display picture is great, but sometimes you have to think outside the box to achieve what you want to. I have tediously counted pixels to line up the dots on the screen so that any location based effects are not out of whack and have also made sure all lines and levels are correct. I have seen plenty of preview screens where people draw to the exact outline of the house, even to the point of following a horizontal gutter on an angle because the picture was taken that way or drawing windows over windows at different heights. Like you said....... even with singing trees it is a good habit to get into so that everything looks and works the way it should.

Post Thanks / Like

Is this something you have done? I'm trying to understand how to use a model with 13 positions and 249 nodes(channels) with my 8 positions and 8 channels.
    How would you map that. Even changing to single color still leaves those positions and channels in place.
    I tried tonight but my patience ran out. I did notice that several of the 13 positions would be duplicate on the model I used for import. What I couldn't figure out was how to convert the string of single lights (channels) for the face outline (or any other) to one string. As I've said before, I am not a good user of Vixen so not sure how that would work.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast