Thread: PixelTrim Mounting without PVC

Post Thanks / Like

Default PixelTrim Mounting without PVC

Hey guys, a few years ago, I bought a bunch of pixels in the DIY LED Express group buy. That year we bought a new house and moved so I'm just now getting started setting things up. Using my time at home to make some progress.

Anyways, one of the things I bought was a bunch of the DIYLEDExpress pixel icicles. I want to hang them on the front of my garage. I like the random hang, but really want the top row to be straight and facing out so I can use it as a submodule like the rest of the house outline. I am looking at the PixelTrim System. I see it is designed to mount to EMT conduit. My only concern with that is storage in the off season. How do you guys store these long strips? I have an attic, but really don't want to put lights up there in the heat of the florida summer.

So my thought was to get the PixelTrim and use eye hooks on the undersides of the eve and just hang the pixelstrip from that. I could even put some kind of metal grommet in the pixelstrip for extra support if needed. Has anyone done anything like this or have used this stuff at all? Any other recommended methods I'm not thinking of?

Thanks,
    PiperPilot

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: PixelTrim Mounting without PVC

Mine sit rolled up in a plastic bin. I use 10' lengths of PVC that I hang from the gutters. Then I velcro the plastic pixel holder strip (I forget the proper name, got them from Boscoyo) to the PVC. End of year, back in the bin and the 10' lengths go out in the shed.

2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

I have ceiling mounted hangar brackets on each joist that I lay all my long stuff in. With a hangar on each joist there is no deflection in the PVC. Also store my mega tree poles on them works great and easy to get the items in and out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the FastTrack hangers from Lowes/Home Depot and mounted them to the walls of my garage. I bought some of their hooks and just lay my PVC pipes (that have the light strings zip-tied to them) in the cradle of the hooks.

Post Thanks / Like

My plan is more of put it up and leave it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk