Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need a show router...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I need a show router...

Quote Originally Posted by MartinMueller2003 View Post
    The DD-WRT software allows significant configuration flexibility which has proven useful when tuning a show to work over WiFi.
    I had enough trouble jus setting up network lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

You can run a edgerouter erx and a outdoor unifi ac for your show. Pretty cheap.

Post Thanks / Like

Look at post 30
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Ddwrt wasn't a good choice at that time, it may have gotten better. The edge router works flawlessly since then almost 2 years ago.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Here is Jon's wiki entry on wireless and the nano specifically
    https://www.diychristmas.org/wiki/in..._ACN_over_WiFi

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gump2388 View Post
    You can run a edgerouter erx and a outdoor unifi ac for your show. Pretty cheap.

So if I have a linksys AC1750 wireless router for my home network and a wanted to add a separate show network. I can hardwire the edgerouter erx to my linksys home router, put the edgerouter a different subnet and connect the unifi AC to the edgerouter for wifi capabilities. Does this sound correct?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cjrobin27 View Post
    So if I have a linksys AC1750 wireless router for my home network and a wanted to add a separate show network. I can hardwire the edgerouter erx to my linksys home router, put the edgerouter a different subnet and connect the unifi AC to the edgerouter for wifi capabilities. Does this sound correct?
    Yes that is correct, I have my show network setup the same way, but I am just using a cheap old linksys router I got from the Goodwill store for like $5. Connect the "Internet" port to my home network. The show router is not really doing much, baxically just providing a segmented network and maybe DHCP if you want, it does not need to be very powerfull.
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cjrobin27 View Post
    If you already have a router you can plug in the unifi to the ac1750 and mount him outside to get you goo wifi signal outside.

Theres 10,000 ways to do it. In the end its the same idea.

Im using the edgerouter erx for my house and have three unifi ac pros thru out my house. And one ac mesh for my outside patio area. This year ill add another ac mesh in my front for the show.

Post Thanks / Like

A setup that seems to work extremely well (and used by sporadic, the creator of the ESPixelStick and the ESPixelStick firmware) is an Edge-X router with a Nanostation Loco-M2 access point. Both are Ubiquiti products and you can buy the pair for about $100.

One good reason to use the same setup that sporadic uses is that you're assured to get predictable performance -- likely the same performance the originator gets, allowing for obvious differences in your location. I went this way and haven't been disappointed in any way whatsoever. And I've had upwards of 65 ESP's out in the show at any one time.

http://digwdf.com/store/
    Even though the DIGWDF Store has been closed for more than a year, it's still awesome!
    User guides, documentation and other files are still free and available for downloading.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dirknerkle View Post
    A setup that seems to work extremely well (and used by sporadic, the creator of the ESPixelStick and the ESPixelStick firmware) is an Edge-X router with a Nanostation Loco-M2 access point. Both are Ubiquiti products and you can buy the pair for about $100.

One good reason to use the same setup that sporadic uses is that you're assured to get predictable performance -- likely the same performance the originator gets, allowing for obvious differences in your location. I went this way and haven't been disappointed in any way whatsoever. And I've had upwards of 65 ESP's out in the show at any one time.
    I want a like button.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Can you have a network switch between the home router and show router or do they need to be connected directly?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12