Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need a show router...

Post Thanks / Like

Default I need a show router...

Any suggestions on a decent inexpensive wireless router? I don't want to spend more than $100. Need it to work well with RPP and as a show wifi mainly to play happy with ESPixel. I'm gonna put it in a box close to the house. Nothing wireless will be further than 60' from it.

Jeff
    Please consider becoming a Supporting Member of DIYC. Show your thanks to those who make this place possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I need a show router...

ubiquity nano running ddwrt

2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Millard View Post
    Any suggestions on a decent inexpensive wireless router? I don't want to spend more than $100. Need it to work well with RPP and as a show wifi mainly to play happy with ESPixel. I'm gonna put it in a box close to the house. Nothing wireless will be further than 60' from it.

Jeff
    I donít know much about the RPP you speak of but I got this and the range is amazing Ubiquiti NanoStation locoM2 2.4GHz Indoor/Outdoor airMax 8dBi CPE https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DCNRTAG..._BU5EEbG555B0Y

Ubiquiti Networks Networks Networks Router (ER-X), Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0144R449W..._gX5EEbCJ4Q7W6

And this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MartinMueller2003 View Post
    ubiquity nano running ddwrt
    OK. Wilmar, thank you for the link. Martin, I see in the DD-WRT Router DB, the part William linked is listed as "Nanostation M2 Loco" Is that what I need? If so, I'll get it on order.

Thank you both!

Jeff
    Please consider becoming a Supporting Member of DIYC. Show your thanks to those who make this place possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wilmar View Post
    I don’t know much about the RPP you speak of...
    I meant to say FPP. Falcon Player for Raspberry Pi.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

I meant to say FPP. Falcon Player for Raspberry Pi.

Jeff
    Ok I have a pi zero set up with FPP that tested fine with my nano stuff but I donít know the dwrt stuff .

Post Thanks / Like

OK. Wilmar, thank you for the link. Martin, I see in the DD-WRT Router DB, the part William linked is listed as "Nanostation M2 Loco" Is that what I need? If so, I'll get it on order.

Thank you both!

Jeff
    Yes that is a good choice.

2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wilmar View Post
    Ok I have a pi zero set up with FPP that tested fine with my nano stuff but I donít know the dwrt stuff .

The DD-WRT software allows significant configuration flexibility which has proven useful when tuning a show to work over WiFi.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes that is a good choice.
    On order. I see the activation for the DD-WRT is $22. Still well under $100. Thank you for the help. I was looking at this thing as a bridge. I trenched and ran 4" flex, then fiber to my shed to get the network out there. This would've been a bit less labor... But I also wouldn't have water out there, and an air line in from the compressor.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

The DD-WRT software allows significant configuration flexibility which has proven useful when tuning a show to work over WiFi.
    But it's not totally necessary if I'm only running an half dozen wireless devices? Less than a single universe total.

Jeff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast