Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matrix grid queston. Letters are all reversed. Need a quick fix!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Matrix grid queston. Letters are all reversed. Need a quick fix!

Quick questions, I recently built a grid of pixels with 12 rows and 33 pixels in each row. When I scroll letters vertically they come out reversed. They look just fine if I run the letters horizontal to the grid.

What is the best way to fix this, change the settings in the falcon set up page, or try messing with the way the grid is set up in vixen? I'm looking to add some inspirational messages on my house for the next few weeks so I have to get this figured out fast.

Thanks!!! Dale P.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Matrix grid queston. Letters are all reversed. Need a quick fix!

I personally like my sequencer to control my props so I would fix Vixen.
    Make sure you know where pixel 1, 13, 34 and 396 are and patch the prop appropriately. Should fix the issue.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I will give that a try tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I keep re drawing my grids with different starting points in the preview screen and then re patch the grids to my controller, but get the same results. The letters look good when I run the grids horizontal, but are reversed when I switch them to vertical. Any suggestions?
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

When you say 'vertical' do you mean 'stacked'? If so, change Text Layout to stack and direction to up.

Post Thanks / Like

Stacked isn't the look I'm going for. I will try to post photos later.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so here is the dilemma. The text works fine if I run it horizontal or use the stacked feature. I want to run the text vertically as shown in the photo, but the P is upside down. I swapped it out with a lower cased b to make it work, but this trick won't work with other words. I have the strings set up from left to right, so the #1 pixel is at the bottom left corner. It doesn't matter how I draw the grid in the preview page, the letters come our upside down if I select them to run vertically.

The stacked feature puts too much space between them and I have to keep the letters small for them to all fit on the screen.

Any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Did you set the grid up as vertical or horizontal in the Preview setup?
    Last edited by gassy; 03-28-2020 at 09:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the grids set up vertical because I will use them vertically most of the time. Running the text sideways looks way better than stacking, but I cant figure out how to get them un reversed.

Post Thanks / Like

For a quick fix....set them up horizontal in Vixen then turn them vertical in your yard. I played with one and I see what you're talking about....hopefully someone will have a solution.
    Last edited by gassy; 03-29-2020 at 08:28 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast