Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trouble communicating Vixen to E1.31 bridge to DMX

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trouble communicating Vixen to E1.31 bridge to DMX

Hi I am having trouble getting my lighting system to work through Vixen. Ive got dum RGBW lights with a DMX Controller that matches and a E1.31 bridge to DMX controller that will control all the DMX controllers. I've followed The setup on how to stream sACN and through Xlights was getting my controllers to work Via Multicast. Vixen Lights is more user freindly to me and I would like to stick with this platform. My trouble is that when I setup my controllers and activate them I can not get them to light up. I do have a DMX signal showing on my E1.31 controller but it does not transmit from Vixen for some reason I've attached photos of my controller and my setups. Do I have something setup wrong? or is there something else needed for Vixen to make this work properly? Thanks in advance for whoever can help me with this.

Software:
    Vixen Lights
    Release: 3.6u4
    Build #937

Below are photos and screenshots of the devices and settings I am using:

Devices:

41wYBm--u8L._AC_.jpg81fP4eS5C3L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Network Settings:

2020-03-22 (1).png 2020-03-22.jpg

Patching:

2020-03-22 (3).jpg
    Last edited by Irvin.lyons; 03-22-2020 at 02:25 PM. Reason: better detail and spelling correction

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Trouble communicating Vixen to E1.31 bridge to DMX

The one thing you didn't mention was the network setup.....are the components all on the same network?

Post Thanks / Like

I am currently using multicast until I can get better control of my lights. I am using my PC's ethernet port directly to my E1.31 controller which has 4 ethernet ports to connect to my DMX controllers I have configured my network on my PC like the screenshot below and my E1.31 controller settings from within its page also screenshot below.

PC settings: E1.31 settings:
    2020-03-22 (9).png 2020-03-07.png

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't see that multicast was an option on the controller. Does it support it?

Post Thanks / Like

gateway and dns settings do noyhing for a connection straight from the pc to the bridge. why is the bridge using a trmp address?

please show the vixen e1.31 config as well.

2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

Hi yes the E1.31 controller was meant to be used more for multicast but it does support both unicast and multicast
    2020-03-22 (10).png

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Martin the gateway has a temporary address different than the static one. that is the address i use to configure the gateway if thats what you were asking. as for Vixens E1.31 this is all I have for the E1.31 configuration in Vixen
    2020-03-22 (11).png
    Last edited by Irvin.lyons; 03-22-2020 at 06:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Does the bridge status indicate it is receiving universe data?

Please ty an experiment for me.

Switch the bridge to use its 192 address.
    Switch Vixen to use unicast to send the data to the bridge.
    Do you

2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info Martin I did switch it over to Unicast but unfortunately still no results. Only when I use Multicast do I see a DMX signal on the bridge.

Multicast Configuration

2020-03-24 (3).jpg

Unicast Configuration
    2020-03-24 (4).jpg

do you know if Vixen has to have certain communication ports open through a firewall or anything like that?

Post Thanks / Like

This indicates issues with how your network is set up. Unicast should always work. If it does not then your network is not set up properly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast