Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 LastLast

Thread: Rbl ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Rbl ?

Quote Originally Posted by sam-tip View Post
    How well should the bulb and socket screw together. I am getting about 1/4 turn putting them together. Should I play with scaling size to make them screw together better?

Thanks
    Doug
    Did you change scale on anything you printed ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

How well should the bulb and socket screw together. I am getting about 1/4 turn putting them together. Should I play with scaling size to make them screw together better?

Thanks
    Doug
    On my short thread bulbs I printed with pla and my base I printed in petg I get almost exactly 1 complete revolution .

Post Thanks / Like

I just pulled them into Cura 4.6 and sliced. Doesn't PLA shrink a little more than PETG after printing. But by how much? Trying clear PETG now on Bulbs. My first batch of PETG was a pain to print with. The clear looks better.

Post Thanks / Like

I printed a couple in petg of the bulbs and I had to trim off the starting point of the thread a little if I remember it was a little snug .

Post Thanks / Like

My first print would not start the thread. Not sure of the issue just yet. 2 different bases, one bulb in PLA, the bulb would not thread into either base. I dont want to get too aggressive with sanding/fileling until I try another bulb.
    The first print kinda messed up the top on the "no hole design". I might try the larger nozzel on the "hole" design to see if it improves the fill on the bulb, as I saw one hole all the way through. It also leaves a line all the way up one side as the print switches direction at that point, maybe that is normal? Not a big issue if I put it at the back.
    Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aknflyer View Post
    My first print would not start the thread. Not sure of the issue just yet. 2 different bases, one bulb in PLA, the bulb would not thread into either base. I dont want to get too aggressive with sanding/fileling until I try another bulb.
    The first print kinda messed up the top on the "no hole design". I might try the larger nozzel on the "hole" design to see if it improves the fill on the bulb, as I saw one hole all the way through. It also leaves a line all the way up one side as the print switches direction at that point, maybe that is normal? Not a big issue if I put it at the back.
    Any ideas?
    Zseam alignment setting will change that you can set to random but my printer didnít like that so Iím fine with the line . As for threads only ones I noticed were tight was petg . I have printed at this point about 20 for myself and 48 that were sold and another 20 because a shipment was almost a month late and all printed somewhat a bit diff depending on printer and settings but all worked .
    What I found was if the first layer is layer down too squished it made for a tight fit which is why I had to trim a bit off the first thread. If this is your issue you may be able to scale down like .5 or 1 percent to help with the fit .

Post Thanks / Like

I also have about 20 or so extra bases made from black petg laying around .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wilmar View Post
    Zseam alignment setting will change that you can set to random but my printer didn’t like that so I’m fine with the line . As for threads only ones I noticed were tight was petg . I have printed at this point about 20 for myself and 48 that were sold and another 20 because a shipment was almost a month late and all printed somewhat a bit diff depending on printer and settings but all worked .
    What I found was if the first layer is layer down too squished it made for a tight fit which is why I had to trim a bit off the first thread. If this is your issue you may be able to scale down like .5 or 1 percent to help with the fit .

I dont mind the seam, will just hide it on back side. I will try trimming the first thread a tad, but that will have to wait, as I am flying out on a work trip tomorrow morning for 1-2 weeks. I will let you know what I find. Thanks for the prompt response.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried grinding some off. Didn't help much. I also tried increasing base 1.5% in x y and z. Small improvement. Today will try increasing just the x and y.

Printed three bulbs at once last night. Could have done more but did not have enough filament on roll.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried grinding some off. Didn't help much. I also tried increasing base 1.5% in x y and z. Small improvement. Today will try increasing just the x and y.

Printed three bulbs at once last night. Could have done more but did not have enough filament on roll.
    I can send you another file to try if you like not sure it would work better or worse or same

Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 LastLast