Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Rbl ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Rbl ?

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Those look great!
    Thanks the more I get done the more I like them .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone use these , are they brighter I ordered a batch to try ?

Post Thanks / Like

Going by the measurements on the site I ordered , I created an adapter for the mini RBL that should allow for someone to mount 6 of these and still fit inside the neck of the bulb . As I know there are those out there that want super bright lights . I think this might help brighten things up .

Post Thanks / Like

@wilmar:
    I do not have any tools to measure brightness, but I bought a batch of those a couple weeks ago to try out. They APPEAR very bright, but since they are about 3" (75mm) wide, not including the wires, it would be impossible to fit them in the top of one of these bulbs in a reasonable fashion. The could be put in vertically but that would lose almost all the light from them. If you ran them down in further (again vertically) with a stem so they are right in the bulb itself, that would work but they will probably make for really bright points along the side and a noticeable difference at the top and bottom of the bulb unless you ALSO combined in bullets.

To be honest I got mine and am now at a bit of a loss as to what to actually do with the ones I bought. I am sure I will come up with something eventually.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I use a similar thing in TLS3001 in the globes of my north poles. They're really no brighter than the TLS3001 ribbon I wrap around the pole. They're diffused being inside the globe and that looks great. I only put 3 of them inside the globe.

Jeff
    Please consider becoming a Supporting Member of DIYC. Show your thanks to those who make this place possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fillibar View Post
    @wilmar:
    I do not have any tools to measure brightness, but I bought a batch of those a couple weeks ago to try out. They APPEAR very bright, but since they are about 3" (75mm) wide, not including the wires, it would be impossible to fit them in the top of one of these bulbs in a reasonable fashion. The could be put in vertically but that would lose almost all the light from them. If you ran them down in further (again vertically) with a stem so they are right in the bulb itself, that would work but they will probably make for really bright points along the side and a noticeable difference at the top and bottom of the bulb unless you ALSO combined in bullets.

To be honest I got mine and am now at a bit of a loss as to what to actually do with the ones I bought. I am sure I will come up with something eventually.
    Yes Iím running vertically and increased the stem so the entire light would be inside the bulb while still being located at the bottom portion of the bulb .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Millard View Post
    Yes, I use a similar thing in TLS3001 in the globes of my north poles. They're really no brighter than the TLS3001 ribbon I wrap around the pole. They're diffused being inside the globe and that looks great. I only put 3 of them inside the globe.

Jeff

Also made one for 4 that definitely will fit inside the bulb neck so Iím gonna try 4 and 6 just because ... just because I wanna know lol

Post Thanks / Like

I did play with lights last night and got some good Easter colors from them lol

Post Thanks / Like

What color filament did you use for the bulb? White? I want to get these started

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ponddude View Post
    What color filament did you use for the bulb? White? I want to get these started
    Yes I used white for bulb

Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast