Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: FPP Master/remote

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    134
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default FPP Master/remote

    After reading through the FPP manual, I'd like clarification on something. I will be running FPP on a Pi, and will use at least one controller that uses a PocketBeagle with FPP on it as well. Can both the Pi and controller run FPP as master or MUST the controller run as remote and only the Pi be master?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Close to Hillsboro, OR
    Posts
    512
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: FPP Master/remote

    Is there a specific need that requires you to have 2 Masters?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Irmo, SC
    Posts
    75
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: FPP Master/remote

    This would depend are they both controlling lights that are part of one show the must run in sync or is one controlling something like a matrix that displays images or messages separate from the main show. If the pocket beagle is controlling lights that should be in sync with the lights on the pi then you will want to use master on one and remote on the other.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    134
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: FPP Master/remote

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormyblade View Post
    Is there a specific need that requires you to have 2 Masters?
    I don't know, that's part of why I'm asking the question. I'm just getting into this stuff and wasn't sure how things should be configured.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    134
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: FPP Master/remote

    Quote Originally Posted by blackramair View Post
    This would depend are they both controlling lights that are part of one show the must run in sync or is one controlling something like a matrix that displays images or messages separate from the main show. If the pocket beagle is controlling lights that should be in sync with the lights on the pi then you will want to use master on one and remote on the other.
    Ok, thanks! The controllers would be controlling pixels that are all part of the main show.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Irmo, SC
    Posts
    75
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: FPP Master/remote

    Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Ok, thanks! The controllers would be controlling pixels that are all part of the main show.
    Since each beaglebone will be controlling lights that are all part of the main show then you will want to use master and remote. A reminder that only the master will play the audio out, so if you have sound your audio devices will be connected to your master and not your remote.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    134
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: FPP Master/remote

    Quote Originally Posted by blackramair View Post
    Since each beaglebone will be controlling lights that are all part of the main show then you will want to use master and remote. A reminder that only the master will play the audio out, so if you have sound your audio devices will be connected to your master and not your remote.
    Thank you.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •