Thread: FPP Master/remote

Post Thanks / Like

Default FPP Master/remote

After reading through the FPP manual, I'd like clarification on something. I will be running FPP on a Pi, and will use at least one controller that uses a PocketBeagle with FPP on it as well. Can both the Pi and controller run FPP as master or MUST the controller run as remote and only the Pi be master?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: FPP Master/remote

Is there a specific need that requires you to have 2 Masters?

Post Thanks / Like

This would depend are they both controlling lights that are part of one show the must run in sync or is one controlling something like a matrix that displays images or messages separate from the main show. If the pocket beagle is controlling lights that should be in sync with the lights on the pi then you will want to use master on one and remote on the other.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stormyblade View Post
    Is there a specific need that requires you to have 2 Masters?
    I don't know, that's part of why I'm asking the question. I'm just getting into this stuff and wasn't sure how things should be configured.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blackramair View Post
    This would depend are they both controlling lights that are part of one show the must run in sync or is one controlling something like a matrix that displays images or messages separate from the main show. If the pocket beagle is controlling lights that should be in sync with the lights on the pi then you will want to use master on one and remote on the other.
    Ok, thanks! The controllers would be controlling pixels that are all part of the main show.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Ok, thanks! The controllers would be controlling pixels that are all part of the main show.
    Since each beaglebone will be controlling lights that are all part of the main show then you will want to use master and remote. A reminder that only the master will play the audio out, so if you have sound your audio devices will be connected to your master and not your remote.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blackramair View Post
    Since each beaglebone will be controlling lights that are all part of the main show then you will want to use master and remote. A reminder that only the master will play the audio out, so if you have sound your audio devices will be connected to your master and not your remote.
    Thank you.