Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New SanDevices V5 firmware coming soon

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New SanDevices V5 firmware coming soon

I hear you, but not everyone is willing to cut and splice pixel strings or deal with power injection. But yeah, I'd say a reasonable solution is that if you want to keep it simple then you need to size your matrix to match your strings, otherwise you can use either of the 2 methods you suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinMueller2003 View Post
    You are over complicating things a bit? Who says a string MUST be 50 or 100 pixels long? If your matrix is 40 up and 40 down, cut the string off at 80. Or better yet, inject power and make the string up to 640 pixels (16 columns @ 40 per column). That means your matrix only uses two ports on the controller. There is no reason (other than power injection) to limit your strings to such a short length.
    Sandevices E682/6804

Post Thanks / Like

I think that's going to be the approach.

Quote Originally Posted by algerdes View Post
    Unlike others, I believe that the Zig-Zag belongs at the controller. Simply say that it zig-zags every x-number of pixels. Don't bother with "if there are 20 pixels left". Anyone building a matrix, that I know of, will start the string at a boundary - cutting off the extra 20 and adding them to another string.

Simplicity is always the best way!
    Sandevices E682/6804

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for everyone's input. I think the consensus is to keep simple zigzag capability (as is now in version 4) in the controller to allow the creation of a matrix where the string length is an even multiple of row or column length without depending on the sequencing software. That can be achieved either by sizing the matrix to match the string length or cutting/splicing string segments. Anything more complex can be handled in the sequencing software.

-jim-
    Sandevices E682/6804

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the updates , I know it is difficult to please everyone with the memory limits .
    I had to ask and understand your position .

Post Thanks / Like

I am jumping in late to the fun.. but has version 5 been released yet?? I was curious.. What the chances of adding a "Save" to each output would be? And or, Letting the Save not wipe out other data you have entered on the page that you want saved? I believe previously there was something with HTML limitations there but maybe I am wrong on that and Jim can chime in?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking for. Version 5 is available but the current release has some issues, that's why I'm trying to make a belated push to get version 5 cleaned up so that it can be the standard release firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by jllracer55 View Post
    I am jumping in late to the fun.. but has version 5 been released yet?? I was curious.. What the chances of adding a "Save" to each output would be? And or, Letting the Save not wipe out other data you have entered on the page that you want saved? I believe previously there was something with HTML limitations there but maybe I am wrong on that and Jim can chime in?
    Sandevices E682/6804

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jllracer55 View Post
    5.030 has been out for a long time but not as a release update. It's very stable. I've used it for 2 years with no issues. As for adding a save for each output, it's already there. What I would like to see is a overall save. As of now when you make a change you have to save for each output. Doing 16 one at a time isn't really tedious but does take time. Would be nice to make several output changes and then hit save. Although I dropped out of the hobby this year I will still be active in the forum. I even ordered another 682 to have on hand to help people. Should receive it this week since I sold 99% of what I had in under a week.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pmiller; 07-23-2020 at 08:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a e682 kit arriving today. So will it have version 4 on it by default?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TomsLEDs View Post
    I have a e682 kit arriving today. So will it have version 4 on it by default?
    If you go to Sandevices website it says it comes with Version 4. If you scroll to the bottom of the page 5.030 is there. With version 5 you have control over each output separately. With version 4 the outputs are controlled in banks of 4.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I have to apologize for the repeated delays. Just been a lot going on and I haven't been able to devote as much time to this as I would like.
    Sandevices E682/6804

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234