Thread: Wanted to try out X lights

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wanted to try out X lights

When I started in ac lights I went straight in with vixen never used another so after reading all the discussions on the two I thought Id at least try xlights out just for fun .
    Using an espixel pop and a string of lights the web url test page lights work and on the xlights test page lights work but when I try to run some effects on the sequence set up page to play around I get no lights .
    So Im thinking I may have set up controller wrong maybe .

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wanted to try out X lights

There is a light-bulb shaped icon on the top right of the tool bar. Hover your mouse over it and it says "Output to lights". Click it to toggle it on and off. Note: you have to ensure your controller is not running a test pattern. Also, your controller layout and setup tab in xLights need to match.

Once you have the icon toggled to on and your controller and layouts match, any effect you apply to those lights will be immediately apparent on your lights. This is very effective and helpful when you are looking at specific patterns and colors.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stormyblade View Post
    There is a light-bulb shaped icon on the top right of the tool bar. Hover your mouse over it and it says "Output to lights". Click it to toggle it on and off. Note: you have to ensure your controller is not running a test pattern. Also, your controller layout and setup tab in xLights need to match.

Once you have the icon toggled to on and your controller and layouts match, any effect you apply to those lights will be immediately apparent on your lights. This is very effective and helpful when you are looking at specific patterns and colors.
    Woohoo worked thank you so much it was lightbulb toggle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

And so begins another xLights love connection.

Jeff
    Please consider becoming a Supporting Member of DIYC. Show your thanks to those who make this place possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wilmar View Post
    Woohoo worked thank you so much it was lightbulb toggle

Omigod! I helped someone! I'm almost smart enough to become an xLights engineer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stormyblade View Post
    Omigod! I helped someone! I'm almost smart enough to become an xLights engineer!
    Hahaha glad you did