Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E1.31 Servo Controller

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: E1.31 Servo Controller

Thanks for posting that...
    I did play with PCA9685 module and a Rasp Pi and got it working using E1.31 data...
    What software did you use to control your 3 axis skull?

Post Thanks / Like

I tested it using da_e131. with this you have a slider that you can test out each channel. so perfect for making sure each servo is doing what it needs. You can program it in xlights. I think they even added some Servo control functionality to make it easier. If not you just control it on a channel level. I haven't programmed it yet to any sequence as he had a mishap with the 3D printed skull having badly printed layers and a fall to the floor. here is the thinguniverse link I made for this project. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3803762 I didn't get a video of running it over E1.31 using thee wemos D1 mini

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting the link to your skull files on Thingiverse...
    Just got a Ender 3 V2 and have just started doing some prints...
    Just did the upper skull using PLA with the Creality Slicer (which seems to be a branded version of Cura) defaults and it printed fine
    Didn't use any supports...
    skull_cap.jpg
    Now to see how the rest prints out..

Post Thanks / Like

I'm using a NodeMCU to control 2 servos for the pupils for the eyes in my show. The code is on Github: https://github.com/ShadowLight8/Ligh...-EyeServos.ino

I'm using Vixen and control them independently by using Set Level and Pulse effects as if each were a single white channel. 127 (Gray) is the midpoint, 1 (Black) looks left, 255 (White) looks right, and everything in between. Using the Pulse effect to go from one value to another allows for smooth movement and can control how fast the pupils move. It lets me do long slow movements, like the eyes scanning over the people watching.

There is some calibration you can change in the code. One of my servos was looking too far to the left, so I needed to tweak how it moved to match up with the other servo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowLight8 View Post
    One of my servos was looking too far to the left, so I needed to tweak how it moved to match up with the other servo.
    Wacky eye movements are perfect for a skeleton!

Post Thanks / Like

Can you explain, how you the run the program on start on your ESP8266? Will the code work if I use xlights too? Update: Done
    Last edited by Boreas; 02-23-2021 at 05:21 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I get an error at espAsyncE131.h: No such file or directory. Do you get the same error? Update: Done.
    However: Still missing a library called ESPAsyncUDP.h which does not appears at the Arduino IDE Update: Done :D Every step 2 hours to learn. Happy Birthday!
    Last edited by Boreas; 02-23-2021 at 08:00 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12