Thread: Vixen Layering Help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vixen Layering Help

I'm wondering if it would be possible to have meteors coming down my mega-tree while several other layers are playing something else.

The enclosed screen-grab shows the effect that I currently have on the tree;

How I created that is illustrated in the following pic;
    Layering.JPG

The specifics are;
    The top effect is a vertical wipe set to the default layer
    The bottom two effects are spirals set to chroma key

With the chroma key effect in place, is it possible to add a meteor effect on top of it? When I simply add it as is, it messes the entire effect up; meaning the spirals and meteors are playing from the get go (I lost the snaking effect of the spirals).

Thoughts and/or suggestions?

Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vixen Layering Help

By stacking layers, you should be able to achieve something like that. If you want the meteors to overlay over all the rest, you can try putting the meters in the mask and fill layer at the top.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeffu231 View Post
    By stacking layers, you should be able to achieve something like that. If you want the meteors to overlay over all the rest, you can try putting the meters in the mask and fill layer at the top.
    That didn't work... it nullified the wipe effect and the spirals were full on from the start.

Not a huge deal; it's more of a curiosity at this point. I'll keep tinkering.

Post Thanks / Like

You can shoot me a sample sequence with the bits you have and I can see if I can give some options. I think the profile of yours I have has that mega tree if it has not changed recently.

Post Thanks / Like

No worries, Jeff... I got inspired and created a whole different look during that time. I appreciate the offer, though.