Thread: Vixen keeps closing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vixen keeps closing

Having an issue with setup preview configuration. Every time I try to configure a multi point string for roof line it keeps closing vixen completely soon as I finish the string , havenít had this problem before .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by wilmar; 02-16-2020 at 02:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vixen keeps closing

Quote Originally Posted by wilmar View Post
    Having an issue with setup preview configuration. Every time I try to configure a multi point string for roof line it keeps closing vixen completely soon as I finish the string , havenít had this problem before .

Not sure what I was doing wrong or what, but after about 10 tries itís now working .

Post Thanks / Like

Please make a snapshot of your logs and send them to VixenLights as a defect. The team may be able to figure out what was going wrong.

2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MartinMueller2003 View Post
    Please make a snapshot of your logs and send them to VixenLights as a defect. The team may be able to figure out what was going wrong.
    Not familiar with how to find the logs sorry

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wilmar View Post
    Not familiar with how to find the logs sorry

Found logs

Post Thanks / Like

After reading logs I believe itís because I was in wrong profile that the controllers I was testing were not set up on yet . I have a profile that I use to learn and play with without messing up the main main . My mistake not a software issue . Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Yes there is a software mistake here. The program should not close on you just because you have a configuration error. It should tell you that something is wrong so you can fix it. I would still send the logs to the team so they can make the error handling more friendly.

2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MartinMueller2003 View Post
    Yes there is a software mistake here. The program should not close on you just because you have a configuration error. It should tell you that something is wrong so you can fix it. I would still send the logs to the team so they can make the error handling more friendly.
    Ok thanks