Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Embedding power supplies

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Embedding power supplies

DirkNerkle used quite a few of those style of devices. One issue he had was low temperature performance. I think he used a c7 bulb to warm them up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeKrebs View Post
    DirkNerkle used quite a few of those style of devices. One issue he had was low temperature performance. I think he used a c7 bulb to warm them up.
    Heat does not appear to be an issue -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK-cYR32zGA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrGrumpy View Post
    I have, but 24V - the problem was they didn't have any adjustment. One had a 26V output. It worked, but I didn't like feeding 26V to a 24V application. Hey....still running a year later.
    Thank you for this post . It gave me the idea to search for a dual purpose power supply and sure enough there it is .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angus40 View Post
    Thank you for this post . It gave me the idea to search for a dual purpose power supply and sure enough there it is .
    Heat does not appear to be an issue
    It is not heat that is the problem - it is cold. Specs on the latest link are -20C or only -4F. If you don't expect below zero temps (F) inside the container holding the PS you should be good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrGrumpy View Post
    Have you considered the regulated 12V pixels. I now running/testing a 100 pixel strand on a 24V PS. A few hundred hours at 100% white.
    Where'd you get 'em? I posted about a prop I want to make and was wondering if the 12v nodes would run at 24v...

Jeff
    Please consider becoming a Supporting Member of DIYC. Show your thanks to those who make this place possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Millard View Post
    Where'd you get 'em? I posted about a prop I want to make and was wondering if the 12v nodes would run at 24v...

Jeff
    The ones I'm testing at 24V now were purchased from DIYLEDEXPRESS in 2018. I think most regulated Pixels today are 7-28V rated, maybe 30V.
    You will need to ask if they are regulated and at what range, if not posted.
    In Lights Therapy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12