Years ago I got this prop called Yard Lights that was pretty neat. It was a set of 100 mini incans, with 6' of green wire between each bulb. It came with 100 metal stakes that held the lights up about 6" off the ground. You spread them out randomly across the lawn. They look incredible under snow. But after the first year they were really hard to keep lit. So I bought 2 sets of white LEDs, and one by one I cut, stripped, soldered and heat shrank a couple hundred splices until I had the entire string swapped out tp LEDs. I still use them and really like the effect. But recently, hearing that some pixels are coming with regulators, I'm thinking it'd be a fun project to make a similar set using nodes. It wouldn't be difficult to inject power all over the place and ramp up the voltage a little. In fact, it wouldn't even have to be a single string like the real thing. It could be 15 to 25 nodes each connected to a different controller in the yard. I'll have 4 of them out there. Right now the only extras I have are TLS3001 5v square nodes, so that's not gonna work. But, over the years, I've gathered and stripped 100 count mini lights of the half string runs of green wire and plug sets. I'm guessing I've got 500 of them coiled up in a bin. My original idea for them was for wiring leaping arches, but I lost interest in mini light arches when pixels came along. I saw a couple people talking about applying more voltage to the new regulated style. I have bucks that I can apply up to 68VDC to that output 12V. I haven't done any research on this yet, but does anyone know if you could get away with applying 24VDC to these new 12V strings without killing them off? The alternative is I could place bucks all over the place in PVC pods... but yuk!

Jeff