Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Amazing

So Iíve watched videos of testing some bad some good so tried them for myself and holy cow . I could even see the solder melt inside .
    Was up on 15í ladder trying to repair some pixels and these things made it so much better and quicker than I expected . Definitely stocking up on these .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Amazing

I got a batch last year in a Pre Sale event. I did not need them after the arrived, but I just was splicing quite a few sets of wire recently. They work great with my HF heat gun, but not so much with my small cigar-shaped heat gun. I guess that does not get hot enough. It sure made my job a lot easier last week. I too highly recommend these.
    2012 - 1st year 64 Channels - 7500 LED lights - 5 sequences
    2013 - 128 Channels - 10,000 LED lights - 7 sequences (2 New)
    2014 - 201 Channels - upgrading 8 Arches to dumb RGB - 8+ sequences (1+ New)
    2015 - 240 Channels + 8 Universes - sequences TBD
    2016 - No Display
    2017 - Back in the Game - 240 Renard Channels + 12 Universes
    2018 - 256 Renard and 9 Falcon Outputs of Pixels - 16 sequences shown over 2 nights
    2019 - 256 Renard and 9 Falcon Outputs of Pixels - 16 sequences shown over 2 nights
    2020 - All Wireless with ESP>RS485 converters for AC controllers and PixelSticks for all pixel props

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TomL8345 View Post
    I got a batch last year in a Pre Sale event. I did not need them after the arrived, but I just was splicing quite a few sets of wire recently. They work great with my HF heat gun, but not so much with my small cigar-shaped heat gun. I guess that does not get hot enough. It sure made my job a lot easier last week. I too highly recommend these.
    My heat gun is a little large and itís hard to not burn stuff in tight spaces so I think I will invest in a small butane torch to keep from melting stuff other than the connector lol

Post Thanks / Like

I have a regular heat gun and wanted something smaller especially in limited spaces. These puppies are awesome. They produce pleanty of heat and work great for heatshrink with solder in them. They were on sale at 12 bucks each so I bought 2 or them. Great investment.
    https://www.joann.com/we-r-memory-ke.../17179656.html

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pmiller View Post
    I have a regular heat gun and wanted something smaller especially in limited spaces. These puppies are awesome. They produce pleanty of heat and work great for heatshrink with solder in them. They were on sale at 12 bucks each so I bought 2 or them. Great investment.
    https://www.joann.com/we-r-memory-ke.../17179656.html

Great find thanks Iíll check into them

Post Thanks / Like

A great heat gun for quick repairs

Post Thanks / Like

I had mixed luck with these items for my 2018 year. Some of them would heat too rapidly (I probably held the heat gun too long in one spot) and I would suddenly get a bubble in the tube that popped, releasing some of the solder material and leaving the wires exposed. So I would have to redo that wire. On top of this, I had some issues with water intrusion for that year, even though I used adhesive-lined heat shrink on top of those connectors. For 2019, I went back and replaced all the connections with marine grade butt splice connectors. If you live in an area that gets a lot of rain, either of these types of connectors should work. Just take your time and don't overheat.

FYI, these are the connectors I went with for 2019:
    3331566364.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stormyblade View Post
    I had mixed luck with these items for my 2018 year. Some of them would heat too rapidly (I probably held the heat gun too long in one spot) and I would suddenly get a bubble in the tube that popped, releasing some of the solder material and leaving the wires exposed. So I would have to redo that wire. On top of this, I had some issues with water intrusion for that year, even though I used adhesive-lined heat shrink on top of those connectors. For 2019, I went back and replaced all the connections with marine grade butt splice connectors. If you live in an area that gets a lot of rain, either of these types of connectors should work. Just take your time and don't overheat.

FYI, these are the connectors I went with for 2019:
    3331566364.jpg
    I did notice that I had to heat it starting in middle and work my way outward otherwise bubble from trapped air would form but once I figured that out I was great afterward and I could tell if the seal was melted by the change in color slightly. The ones I used are marine grade also to mention that the outside the heat shrink would start to burn before the heat shrink so it must have a high temp rating which I liked .

Post Thanks / Like

I use these. There's a ring of waterproof coating on each end that seals it off.
    https://www.amazon.com/XUUAP-100pcs-.../dp/B083HGZXCF

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pmiller View Post
    I use these. There's a ring of waterproof coating on each end that seals it off.
    https://www.amazon.com/XUUAP-100pcs-.../dp/B083HGZXCF

I have to use the red as most of my wires are 18 wag or smaller

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast