Thread: EPIC - Jersey Mini date set

Post Thanks / Like

Default EPIC - Jersey Mini date set

The date has been set for this year's EPIC event as May 16th to be held in Monmouth Junction, NJ (close to NJ Turnpike). More info will follow as I get plans underway.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: EPIC - Jersey Mini date set

Will there be wiper motors? Inquiring minds...

Jeff
    $20 annually. That's like 5.61 cents a day. I realize that's more than a nickel but its just a little more.
    Please consider becoming a Supporting Member of DIYC.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Millard View Post
    Will there be wiper motors? Inquiring minds...

Jeff
    Holy crap! Where did you come from??? Great to see you again, Jeff. Hope you and the Mrs. are well.
    fun fact. The first Jersey mini was held in Jeff's back yard about 12 or so years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

We're both good, Thank you.

2006 and then again in 2007. Funner fact. Brian (Macrosill) was there in 2007, and at our intense urging he went home and purchased the domain DoItYourSelfChristmas. The rest is history.

I stopped making an animated display to give my neighbors eyes time to heal. The next thing I knew, it was 10 yers later. Last fall, a close friend asked when I was going to make blinky flashy again. I watched a few displays on YouTube and on TV and caught the bug again. My 2020 display will look similar to the original (No flying dogs though, I'm guessing the metal from them is now part of a bumper on a Kia Sephia) with more blowmolds and a couple thousand pixels. So far, the testing is going well. It's so amazing the entire display can be run by a RaspberryPi.

I'll be at your Epic this year. I've been wondering what the old guard was up to. I hope there will be xLights enthusiasts I can milk for information.

Need anything, let me know. And yes, I do need the wiper motors on my cars....

Jeff
    $20 annually. That's like 5.61 cents a day. I realize that's more than a nickel but its just a little more.
    Please consider becoming a Supporting Member of DIYC.

Post Thanks / Like

Good news, Jeff!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to another amazing event this year. Thanks Dan!
    http://www.christmasinwarren.com

Become a Supporting Member of DIYC! Click Here

Post Thanks / Like

EPIC the Jersey mini date has been set for May 16th this year to be held in the same venue as the last few located in Monmouth Junction, NJ just off the NJ Turnpike. We have run a very successful event since 2006 and it just keeps getting better every year. Complete agenda has not been set yet, but I look forward to having a very relaxed and open setting this year. We will continue to have a number of tables set up as show and tell, so attendees can see how things go together and ask in depth questions. The event has attracted beginners to experienced decorators from North Carolina to New Hampshire to Ohio and parts West and everywhere in between. The typical swap meet will continue as well. And what would an event be without a Friday night Red Cup Social? We have that too. The link below has all additional information as well as link to an area hotel where we have a room block set up. Let me know if you have any questions and I look forward to seeing you there!!

https://dancona4.wixsite.com/epicchristmas