Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: trouble with sandevices e682

Post Thanks / Like

Default trouble with sandevices e682

hi I have finally built and powered up my sandevices e682 and im not getting all the yellow leds to light as per manual. I have voltage in all the test spots except at j21 pin 2 and 1. in the trouble shooting guide it say feel for hot parts but im not feeling anything hot. im missing the top yellow led (3.3V) in the build manual it say for version 1.3 (what I have) place a shunt on j26 the eeprom ic I cant place a shunt cause it has a part unless this means flipping boards over and placing a cut off from a resistor or something between those two bottom pins of that part

I did get a head of myself and solder all the parts on the board before doing the needed pre-test...Ö

any help would be appreciated

thanks, danny
    Danny Smith

2008 display:

-168 renard 24 channels

-fm transmitter: ramsey 25B

-light count: 15,000+

[CENTER]The thing always happens that you really believe in; and the belief in a thing makes it happen.[/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: trouble with sandevices e682

Do you have power to both sides of the board? Check your fuses. If you're powering the board and pixels with 12 volts make sure you have jumpers correctly on J21, jumper across 1-2 and 3-4.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pmiller; 01-19-2020 at 06:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pmiller View Post
    Do you have power to both sides of the board? Check your fuses. If you're powering the board and pixels with 12 volts make sure you have jumpers correctly on J21, jumper across 1-2 and 3-4.

Yes power on both sides fuses are all fine
    Danny Smith

2008 display:

-168 renard 24 channels

[CENTER]The thing always happens that you really believe in; and the belief in a thing makes it happen.[/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

Voltage at j3&j4 is 12v j1&j2 nothing
    Danny Smith

2008 display:

-168 renard 24 channels

Post Thanks / Like

All my 682's are version 1.3 and do not require a shunt. You have something else going on.

Post Thanks / Like

Post a relatively high-resolution photo of the component side, and the solder side of your E682? I can compare against my spares.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iflights View Post
    Post a relatively high-resolution photo of the component side, and the solder side of your E682? I can compare against my spares.
    image0.jpgimage1.jpgimage2.jpg
    Danny Smith

2008 display:

-168 renard 24 channels

Post Thanks / Like

I hope your propeller chip doesn't fail. Unsoldering 40 pins is laborious unless you have a desoldering tool. There should have been a 40 pin socket supplied with the 682. I would check all your soldering. It looks like some could use some extra attention. I had that issue even though the solder looked good it was a pin on the propeller socket that was bad. There should have been sockets supplied for the 16 pin chips also.

Last edited by pmiller; 01-19-2020 at 09:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope your propeller chip doesn't fail. Unsoldering 40 pins is laborious unless you have a desoldering tool. There should have been a 40 pin socket supplied with the 682. I would check all your soldering. It looks like some could use some extra attention. I had that issue even though the solder looked good it was a pin on the propeller socket that was bad.

Yea I was thinking the same but there wasnít a 40 pin socket holder in my kit thought that was a bit odd. Didnít think anything of it and just solder it on prob not my smartest idea I guess the excitement got the best of me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Danny Smith

2008 display:

-168 renard 24 channels

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrLights2000 View Post
    Yea I was thinking the same but there wasnít a 40 pin socket holder in my kit thought that was a bit odd. Didnít think anything of it and just solder it on prob not my smartest idea I guess the excitement got the best of me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You should have contacted Jim at Sandevices. He would have sent them out right away. Keep that in mind.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast