Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: vixen channel output

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default vixen channel output

Hey ya'll,

Trying to reroute the outputs for my profile from one channel to another. When I try to do it in my profile page, I only get the screen that appears when you are changing the order. I cannot get the one in the help screen that shows from where to where the signal is going. Any Ideas?
    Why can't you put a square peg in a round hole? Most committees do it constantly!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: vixen channel output

I had the same problem for Halloween. When in the edit profile screen use the "change the channel outputs" button on the top - left side of the channel names. The change channel order on the right side changes the way you see them on the screen.

Hope that helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John Benedict View Post
    Hey ya'll,

Trying to reroute the outputs for my profile from one channel to another. When I try to do it in my profile page, I only get the screen that appears when you are changing the order. I cannot get the one in the help screen that shows from where to where the signal is going. Any Ideas?
    In the Edit a Profile window, you see the channels listed. Top left of the channel list there is a button with a red rectangle and green arrow, mouse over shows Change the Channel Outputs.

Click on the button and drag-n-drop the order you want. This will change the output order.
    Zaker

1 - Ren 64
    4 - Ren 24
    1 - Ren48LSD
    2 - E681
    LOTS OF LIGHTS!!
    [URL]http://lights.quietwebhosting.com[/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

The change channel order and the change channel order OUTPUT screens looks almost identical, so that may be your problem. In fact, if you are using a profile, I think the windows even have the same name. You can tell the difference by if the channels are shown in a different order or not when you click done. Changing the OUTPUT does not make any changes on the screen, changing the order does.
    1 channel, 0 dimmable. Powered by a man flicking a lightswitch to the beat.

Post Thanks / Like

Look at this: That is the button that will allow you to change the channel output. To verify the output was actually changed you can right click on any channel name and click on "Toggle Outputs". This will open up the gray channel numbers, which is the actual output. See the second pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks,
    Brian, your friendly site Admin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Macrosill View Post
    To verify the output was actually changed you can right click on any channel name and click on "Toggle Outputs". This will open up the gray channel numbers, which is the actual output. See the second pic.
    Just to clarify this a bit, you need to right click on the channel name inside a sequence once it's opened.
    Right clicking on the channels in the profile manager does not do this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ppohlman View Post
    Just to clarify this a bit, you need to right click on the channel name inside a sequence once it's opened.
    Right clicking on the channels in the profile manager does not do this.
    Good point.
    Thanks,

Post Thanks / Like

So, does this then only reorder channels for that sequence, or does it reorder them for the profile?

(I guess once you do it for a sequence, you can then save it to a new profile?)
    Bob
    ----
    I love the smell of solder flux in the morning....smells like Christmas magic...[URL="http://photobucket.com/setup-2008"]Set up Done!![/URL] [URL="http://www.vimeo.com/rlilly/videos"]Showtime!![/URL]
    (for the fruit of light is found in all that is good and right and true) Ephesians5:9

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. that was exactly the explanation I needed.
    Why can't you put a square peg in a round hole? Most committees do it constantly!

Post Thanks / Like

In the "Edit a Profile" window it effects all sequences attached to that profile.
    Thanks,

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast