Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Centralized vs distributed

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Centralized vs distributed

More controllers spread around my show. Goal is to keep the data runs as short as possible. I also use remote FPPs to limit the traffic on the nets close to the controller.

2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jchuchla View Post
    I always opt for more smaller controllers. That way when something fails, less of your show is affected.
    +1 on this from experience. Plus I use my pixels around my eaves and some yard lights year round, so those controllers are more permanently mounted and wires are run to be hidden.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Little_b View Post
    +1 on this from experience. Plus I use my pixels around my eaves and some yard lights year round, so those controllers are more permanently mounted and wires are run to be hidden.
    Ok. I also plan to have some permanently mounted, at least along the roof line where I cannot reach without a really tall ladder.

Post Thanks / Like

"Don't overlook the F4v3."

I keep looking at that controller, but in reality isn't it the same as using a differential receiver that's connected to a FV16 or F48? I mean you have to run a Cat 5 to it regardless if it's a controller or differential receiver, and they both run the same amount of pixels. The only advantage I see is it may keep running if other props go down?

My finger keeps hovering over the BUY IT NOW button, but a $20 distribution board will do the same task for me. Plus for just $75.00 more I can have another F16. Ahhh, too many decisions, lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaleP View Post
    "Don't overlook the F4v3."

I keep looking at that controller, but in reality isn't it the same as using a differential receiver that's connected to a FV16 or F48? I mean you have to run a Cat 5 to it regardless if it's a controller or differential receiver, and they both run the same amount of pixels. The only advantage I see is it may keep running if other props go down?

My finger keeps hovering over the BUY IT NOW button, but a $20 distribution board will do the same task for me. Plus for just $75.00 more I can have another F16. Ahhh, too many decisions, lol
    Is the wifi module on the falcon controllers supported yet?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12