Thread: Boscoyo Star Preview

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boscoyo Star Preview

Is there a custom preview available for the Boscoyo Star? It has 5 points, inner is 20 pixels, middle is 30 pixels and outer is 40 pixels. I can make 3 separate stars and overlay them but I noticed in xLights you actually add the numbers 20,30,40 and the preview is made for you. I'm interested also in singing faces preview. I made my own but it looks like stupid.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Boscoyo Star Preview

There are a ton of Boscoyo models via the Vendor Browser which can be found in the Custom Prop Editor under the tools menu item.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StickyWicket View Post
    There are a ton of Boscoyo models via the Vendor Browser which can be found in the Custom Prop Editor under the tools menu item.
    I never knew about this. Cool, I have both items I wanted. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Bummer. There's nothing there for the Holidaycoro singing Christmas Tree. Boscoyo faces are different.

Post Thanks / Like

Boscoyo is kind enough to build models for all of their props and share them for everyone to use. HolidayCoro hasn't done the same.

Post Thanks / Like

Are these available for Vixen users as well, or just an X lights thing?
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Vixen can use the same xModel files that xLights uses. Boscoyo provides their files in xModel format. When you open the xModel in Vixen's custom prop editor, you'll get everything that's there. Vixen does provide additional functionality beyond what xModels support, so you can further modify and enhance the prop once you've opened it in the editor.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried for over 2 hours to get Holidaycoro or Boscoyo singing face in xLights. People actually use xLights? Why? I have never seen such complicated software. I've worked with Quark, Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Freehand, Excel, and too many more to list but xLights is a joke. I finally gave up and deleted it. I'll stick with Vixen, a truly easy program to learn and use. Besides it would be stupid on my part to switch over now. I would only be creating unnecessary work for myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pmiller View Post
    I tried for over 2 hours to get Holidaycoro or Boscoyo singing face in xLights. People actually use xLights? Why? I have never seen such complicated software. I've worked with Quark, Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Freehand, Excel, and too many more to list but xLights is a joke. I finally gave up and deleted it. I'll stick with Vixen, a truly easy program to learn and use. Besides it would be stupid on my part to switch over now. I would only be creating unnecessary work for myself.

Hey mate. I know it can be frustrating but please reframe from bagging Xlights. I am a Vixen developer but also respect what other software is out there and everyone has their own thoughts on each one. Users can make up there own mind and should try both Xlights and Vixen before settling on one as itís just to hard to change.

Post Thanks / Like

As a user of both Vixen and xLights, I can tell you that both are excellent. The thought processes and methods for both are quite unique. A lot of common ground, but quite a bit of "different thinking" between them. That is why some find xLights to be easy, others find Vixen easy.
    Live, Laugh, Love.