Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: ESPixelstick NEW Release v3.1 Questions

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: ESPixelstick NEW Release v3.1 Questions

Quote Originally Posted by sporadic View Post
    Sounds like a driver issue. You need the CH340 serial driver installed if you don't have it.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
    In case anyone else has issues, thought I'd post the resolution I came up with after a lot of time spent trying various things.

It seems like the two micro-USB cables that I was working with may have only been charging cables and not providing data. As a last resort I brought my laptop and ESPixelstick to work for my IT guy to check. Of course I grabbed a different micro-USB cable out of my backpack (by accident, not design) and as soon as I plugged it in, the ESPixelstick was recognized where it hadn't been with all of my other attempts.

My IT expert tried to attribute this success to his personal aura, clean living and expert IT skills, but considering he didn't even touch anything yet, I thanked him and said I will instead attribute it to my own ineptitude.

The video posted by rmore is a great video, just make sure your micro-USB cable isn't just a charging cable

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blantrip View Post
    In case anyone else has issues, thought I'd post the resolution I came up with after a lot of time spent trying various things.

It seems like the two micro-USB cables that I was working with may have only been charging cables and not providing data. As a last resort I brought my laptop and ESPixelstick to work for my IT guy to check. Of course I grabbed a different micro-USB cable out of my backpack (by accident, not design) and as soon as I plugged it in, the ESPixelstick was recognized where it hadn't been with all of my other attempts.

My IT expert tried to attribute this success to his personal aura, clean living and expert IT skills, but considering he didn't even touch anything yet, I thanked him and said I will instead attribute it to my own ineptitude.

The video posted by rmore is a great video, just make sure your micro-USB cable isn't just a charging cable
    Pfffft....It is a WELL known fact that all misbehaving electronics are scared of us IT guys...they *KNOW* when we're near and behave properly lest we turn them into scrap..... :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angus40 View Post
    Default is Gpio pin 2 = D4
    Thanks will try that.

Dennis
    Inventor of the "LED Keeper"

My Videos [URL="http://www.vimeo.com/Dennischerry"]www.vimeo.com/Dennischerry[/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

Well pin 2 works but it looks like I need a level shiftier as the 3.3v signal is too low.

Output seems to be RBG but is correct on the V3.0 firmware as RGB.

Dennis
    Inventor of the "LED Keeper"

My Videos [URL="http://www.vimeo.com/Dennischerry"]www.vimeo.com/Dennischerry[/URL]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Cherry View Post
    Well pin 2 works but it looks like I need a level shiftier as the 3.3v signal is too low.

Output seems to be RBG but is correct on the V3.0 firmware as RGB.

Dennis
    You may want to look into one of these

I prefer the wemos d1 as it is smaller and seems to have more accessories

Post Thanks / Like

My 2 new ESPixelstick 3.0's are still sitting in their sealed static bags, mocking me. :-( Maybe I can play with them this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

You can build a level shifter for a couple of pennies. Here is a schematic of what I use on my Arduino MEGA sheild to shift the data out of an ESP-01 at +3.3vdc to +5vdc for the MEGA. Requires a 1K ohm and 10K ohm resistor, and a NPN transistor such as 2N2904.

IMG_6060.jpg
    Kevin

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456