Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Make lights in preview brighter

Post Thanks / Like

Default Make lights in preview brighter

So like most folks, I set the power on my pixels way below 100%. I don't set it at the controller level as I run different controllers and not all of them have this adjustment in them, so I set the levels in Vixen as I'm sequencing. Problem is when you set the level to 30 or 40%, the pixels in the preview become very difficult, dang near impossible, to see (yes, I've turned the background down all the way). Is there a way to make the preview pixels/lights brighter while still keeping them at, say, 30%?

If there isn't, would it be possible to add a slider type thing where you can set the brightness of the elements on the preview no matter what percentage you have them actually set at in the sequence.

Thoughts?!?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Make lights in preview brighter

It sounds like youíre doing by making the effects less bright. If youíre doing the brightness in vixen, you should be doing it with dimming curves in the patching. The preview will show it full brightness but the outputs will be adjusted by the levels set in the dimming curves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Never used that before... didn't think about it. Makes sense.

Thanks, Jon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Popo-B-Trippin View Post
    Never used that before... didn't think about it. Makes sense.

Thanks, Jon
    That popped up on me while patching I clicked no wasnít sure what dimming curve was . Thanks for more info .

Post Thanks / Like

To fill in the rest of that information, dimming curves are traditionally used to add a curve to the output response of the lights. It's commonly used to make LEDs dim more like incans, or vice versa. But dimming curves don't need to start at 0,0 and end at 100,100. You can use them to establish max and min values as well. You you can use a y value of 30 when x is 100 and that will cap the max brightness. Similarly, if you have a minimum brightness (e.g. if you have a light that doesn't dim below 10%), you could start y above 0 when x=0.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jchuchla View Post
    To fill in the rest of that information, dimming curves are traditionally used to add a curve to the output response of the lights. It's commonly used to make LEDs dim more like incans, or vice versa. But dimming curves don't need to start at 0,0 and end at 100,100. You can use them to establish max and min values as well. You you can use a y value of 30 when x is 100 and that will cap the max brightness. Similarly, if you have a minimum brightness (e.g. if you have a light that doesn't dim below 10%), you could start y above 0 when x=0.
    Thanks you for explaining

Post Thanks / Like

So if I set a dimming curve flat across for 60, does that mean that when the sequence says 100% it will actually show at 60%?

Post Thanks / Like

So if I set a dimming curve flat across for 60, does that mean that when the sequence says 100% it will actually show at 60%?
    If 69 was set as your high thatís the way I understood it ... but Iíve been wrong before

Post Thanks / Like

60 sorry

Post Thanks / Like

No, it shouldn't be flat. If it were flat at 60, then the output will always be 60. For whatever value you send it from the effect. If you want it to be in a range of 0-60, it should start at 0 on the left, and go up to 60 on the right. The X axis is the value going into the curve, the y axis is what it will be on the output.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast