Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will this work to program PICS

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Will this work to program PICS

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat View Post
    I have the PickIT 3 software on my computer but the PIC16F688 doesn't show up as a selection.
    Thanks again to all!
    In my PicKit3 setup, there was no list entry for 16F688, I had to pick something else generic sounding and was able to cascade down from there... if memory serves. If I can find it I will post it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry-Rigs View Post
    In my PicKit3 setup, there was no list entry for 16F688, I had to pick something else generic sounding and was able to cascade down from there... if memory serves. If I can find it I will post it.
    Interesting.. I might have to go that route..

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I found my problem. with the Pickit 3 software you have to go to Programmer and select "Manual Device Select", then you can select 16F688 from the drop down for your device. (this step is missing from all instructions or videos I've seen) Then find the correct position for the PIC in the ZIF block and the correct jumper placement (from the bottom of the circuit board) after that it was a breeze and worked perfectly.

Post Thanks / Like

J1 is jumped and j2-7 are all to the outside of the board.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tony
    Live since 2007
    Putting the Yule back into Yuletide

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Thanks Tony. The position on my board was the same, the jumpers were a different layout. Thanks for the visual!

Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I found my problem. with the Pickit 3 software you have to go to Programmer and select "Manual Device Select", then you can select 16F688 from the drop down for your device. (this step is missing from all instructions or videos I've seen) Then find the correct position for the PIC in the ZIF block and the correct jumper placement (from the bottom of the circuit board) after that it was a breeze and worked perfectly.
    I never have to select the "device", I just put the PIC in the ZIFF socket, connect the PICKIT3 and connect the USB, open the software and it tells me I have a 16F688 or 16F1825
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ruppro View Post
    I never have to select the "device", I just put the PIC in the ZIFF socket, connect the PICKIT3 and connect the USB, open the software and it tells me I have a 16F688 or 16F1825
    Odd, that's what I kept expecting.. but nooooooooooooo... not on mine... LOL, oh and I probably wasn't sticking my tongue out right.. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I found my problem. with the Pickit 3 software you have to go to Programmer and select "Manual Device Select", then you can select 16F688 from the drop down for your device.
    Just piling on...
    I finally got around to checking my configuration. You did what I did. I just didn't remember the details.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry-Rigs View Post
    Just piling on...
    I finally got around to checking my configuration. You did what I did. I just didn't remember the details.
    Thanks for checking!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12