Thread: FPP playing lag

Post Thanks / Like

Default FPP playing lag

I have never had an issue before but last year I had about a 250 ms lag between music and effects on all sequences. I used the latest version of FPP and last year was the first time I had used FPP remotes to break up controllers and exported individually for each instance of FPP. I have previously used FPP remotes for projectors and also P10 panels without an issue but have never broken up the export.

Did anyone else have an issue and or exported the same way? I am not sure whether this is a user error, hardware error, FPP error or Vixen.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: FPP playing lag

Under the older 1.x versions of FPP on a Pi I had about that offset in FPP using a usb sound card. I used the offset in FPP to compensate for it. This year under the current versions I found that offset no longer a problem and I did not need the offset in FPP. I had a master and 2 remotes and they were very close in sync with the music. I exported everything from Vixen directly to the Pi using the Export Wizard.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeffu231 View Post
    Under the older 1.x versions of FPP on a Pi I had about that offset in FPP using a usb sound card. I used the offset in FPP to compensate for it. This year under the current versions I found that offset no longer a problem and I did not need the offset in FPP. I had a master and 2 remotes and they were very close in sync with the music. I exported everything from Vixen directly to the Pi using the Export Wizard.
    Did you export just what each FPP instance required or the full sequence?

I tried with and without the USB sound card as it was a new sound card and thought it may have been the issue but i will check again as it is all still set up. I mostly exported to PC then copied to each Pi, sometimes i exported directly to the Pi/BBB
    Currently i am trying to find out what i am doing wrong before it all gets pulled down. I also have a bad habit of leaving alot of unused channels on everything, but it has never been an issue before.
    Set up is as follows,
    Master-also controls a controller
    Remote 1 - Pi controls a controller
    Remote 2 - Pi controls 2 controllers
    Remote 3 - BBB with cape for P10
    Remote 4 - Pi for HDMI out.

Post Thanks / Like

Each Pi only had the data for the controllers it was driving. They are actually multiple sites on the same street. They are linked via Wifi backbone. I am using a Sound Blaster Play 3 for the sound card. I have my channels packed because I don't see any benefit in leaving gaps myself. Also some of it is for ESP Sticks on Wifi and condensing universes there is beneficial to keep the bandwidth to a minimum on the AP.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that. I think it may be a Me issue. I will look at the sound card and a few other things again.