Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glowing leds!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Glowing leds!!

I get this also, only after a rain.

Post Thanks / Like

This is/was a common thing to have happen when using some AC-LED strings with the triacs. The first thing we did was to add a "snubber" to the string. (A resistor across the power leads.) This was done because the LED strings did not provide enough resistance for what was needed to cause the Triac to fully close. Do a search on the sites for this. One link from the wiki follows: http://doityourselfchristmas.com/wik...1/Snubbers.pdf

Note that this worked about 95% of the time.

I've got 3 strings of AC lights this year that did this exact thing, and we just added the resistance/snubber and they shut down correctly.
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep! I used a snubber on it and it didn’t make a difference. This is the first year it has ever happened.

QUOTE=algerdes;520295]This is/was a common thing to have happen when using some AC-LED strings with the triacs. The first thing we did was to add a "snubber" to the string. (A resistor across the power leads.) This was done because the LED strings did not provide enough resistance for what was needed to cause the Triac to fully close. Do a search on the sites for this. One link from the wiki follows: http://doityourselfchristmas.com/wik...1/Snubbers.pdf

Note that this worked about 95% of the time.

I've got 3 strings of AC lights this year that did this exact thing, and we just added the resistance/snubber and they shut down correctly.[/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm. Very interestink. (My worst Artie Johnson impression.)
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12