Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: esp32 and Shelby's e131 test.ino

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: esp32 and Shelby's e131 test.ino

OK , I got this solved

It appears that the Esp32 requires some cleaning before loading new firmware on it !
    I downloaded the Esp32 flash tool which in itself is quite the complex tool . I used the erase feature under HSPIDownload tab
    then reloaded a fresh sketch in the Arduino IDE .
    Multicast is working flawlessly now also .
    endless learning .

Post Thanks / Like

So I am very new to Christmas controllers , but have been working with Ardunios for years. I have got my esp32 outputting to my serial monitor with Vixen. I am now working on output that to one of the pins on the esp32. Right now I have to nanos running with Vixen and Falcon (raspberry), and they seemed to be running great. with the esp32 this universe stuff is confusing me. With the nanos it just output the data, no universes. maybe I'm over thinking it. Any help would be appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

Take a look at ESPixel code from Shelby (forkineye). It does everything you need. You will have to tweak it to the ESP32 CPU but the concepts remain the same.

A universe is simply a way to deliver groups of up to 512 channels of data from the player to the lighting controller. If you need more than 512 channels then you send another universe.

2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

Thank-you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12