Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are the resistor Pixels any good?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Are the resistor Pixels any good?

Quote Originally Posted by DaleP View Post
    Here is a link that shows the difference between resistor and regulated pixels. You can easily see the difference between the two. Unfortunately most retailers don't specify if they are selling resistor or regulated pixels unless you ask them. I have noticed some of the sellers on AliExpress show a close up photo of the pixel so you can see it's a resistor based one. They don't outright say it's a resistor pixel though.

https://www.wiredwatts.com/learn-regulators.asp

Dale P.
    Good information. This caught my eye, as "relevant to my interests" (last sentence):

If you mis-wire regulated pixels, they will blow and will need to be replaced where the resistor style pixels usually remain unharmed. However, we humans don't make silly mistakes like mis-wiring the positive and negative, right?

Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure if anyone has ever answered the question in the title of the thread: Yes resistor base 12v pixels work just fine.

2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MartinMueller2003 View Post
    I am not sure if anyone has ever answered the question in the title of the thread: Yes resistor base 12v pixels work just fine.
    The short and sweet of it for me is: Yes, resistor Pixels are good, actually very good, but regulated pixels are far better.
    In Lights Therapy

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the answer... My shipment of Regulated pixels came in yesterday, lol. I decided to bite the bullet and pay extra for the "good stuff"

Post Thanks / Like

So are there any regulated pixels available on Ali Express, other than those Ray Wu (& Shenzen Rita) mark as such?

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought from EtopLED and they offered both types. I guess I would verify what you are buying with any vendor.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaleP View Post
    I just bought from EtopLED and they offered both types. I guess I would verify what you are buying with any vendor.
    How are these working for you ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I'm very happy with them and actually just placed another order.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123