Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2019 Christmas Installation

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 2019 Christmas Installation

Yes yours does look quite similar! Mine are at 5cm centres, 24 pixels in each arch. It looks like yours are somewhat larger so the twisting is probably less of a problem as the radius is much bigger. I kinda sized everything based on the channels I knew I was going to have available, my old PC doesn't like more than the 6 universes.
    Last edited by RichieNorthcott; 12-31-2019 at 11:23 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shaclayc View Post
    What program and controller are you using?
    Software is Vixen (current version)

Controller is a chinese wireless unicast sACN receiver which supports up to 7 universes. It works mostly OK though i have problems with the WiFi - I guess from other people's equipment in the area as I'm surrounded by other houses. I have to keep changing to different channels.

Next year I'm going to install ethernet cables instead from the house to the garden. One of the problem with the receiver is that if (when) there is glitch in the WiFi, then it has to 'catch up' on the queued data before everything gets in sync again. The garden lights run off wireless DMX, I have found this can also fight with the Wi-Fi signal. So cables for everything moving forward!

Post Thanks / Like

Any pic you can share of your command center ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shaclayc View Post
    Any pic you can share of your command center ?
    It's one of these
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182410064078
    Just add a waterproof enclosure and a beefy 5V PSU for the pixels. I also added a 10A fuse to the power line to each of my five pixel universes.
    As I say I don't recommend them if you have the option of using a wired connection.

The rest of the garden uses DMX RGB strip drivers modified to support groups of 8 x LED spots. I posted on how that works elsewhere on here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12