Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pixel Pops Controllers - Over 2,000 shipped - Just Keep Chugging Along

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pixel Pops Controllers - Over 2,000 shipped - Just Keep Chugging Along

After the ground breaking work done by Shelby Merrick and Bill Porter a couple of years ago, I asked Bill Porter if he minded if I take his original PCB Design and reswizzle it to minimize cost and the space used.
    The end result were the Pixel Pops Controllers.
    Wiki: http://www.doityourselfchristmas.com...6_ESPixel_Pops

For those of you that don't know, these controllers allow you to build your own 4 universe capable, wireless, Pixel Controller for about $6.

The basic starting block are the bare PCBs which I've been providing to this group.
    I don't have a webpage, and I don't sell anywhere but off DIYC messages.

I have intentionally tried to keep the cost very low. Pixel Pops PCBs are 50 cents and the tiny's work out to 37 cents each.
    I also ship very inexpensively. Almost all orders are under $1.50 for shipping, small orders are only $1 to ship.
    First class mail is your friend as I can ship bare PCBs in a regular letter envelope.

The amazing thing is I totaled up shipments to date and I am over 1900 of the tinys and over 300 of the Pops PCBs.
    I never saw this coming.
    For those of you that are wondering, I make about two pennies on each board. Clearly I am getting rich off of this. Woo Hoo.

All this to say.... Thanks for supporting these.

There are now several versions of these out in the big wild world of pixel controllers by various folks that all use the same ESP-01 software.

But, I believe I am correct when I say that the Pixel Pops is the only one that is totally DIY with simple through hole soldering components and the Tiny's are the smallest available.

Merry Christmas to all

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pixel Pops Controllers - Over 2,000 shipped - Just Keep Chugging Along

Thank you for coming up with the design. I am still putting mine to use.
    (1)Falcon PI Player (Running the show)
    (1)Falcon F16V3
    (1)Renard SS16
    (1)Renard SS24
    (1)EDM-LCD-CS-EP
    (20)P10 Panels

WIKI
    Become A Supporting Member

Falcon Christmas
    Renard Controllers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pixel Pops Controllers - Over 2,000 shipped - Just Keep Chugging Along

Wow 2000! Thatís awesome. Thanks for putting these together and keeping them stocked. These are great little devices.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome, mine are still going strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pixel Pops Controllers - Over 2,000 shipped - Just Keep Chugging Along

Thanks ukewarrior. I have 5 of the tinyís so far and will add two more next year. None of them are even close to the capability of the pixelpop. 450 pixels on a couple of them.

I hadnít used pixels before because the controllers were so expensive on top of the pixel cost.

Dave-1200Px-20KLts

Post Thanks / Like

Being somewhat new to the christmas light scene, I am curious how you are communicating with these devices with your show.

Post Thanks / Like

It uses the ESP8266 WiFi receiver board

Check out the wiki for ESPixel Sticks

http://www.doityourselfchristmas.com...6_ESPixel_Pops

Dave-1200Px-20KLts

Post Thanks / Like

WiFi !
    Quote Originally Posted by bcer960 View Post
    Being somewhat new to the christmas light scene, I am curious how you are communicating with these devices with your show.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ukewarrior View Post
    WiFi !
    I figured that part out, but what is sending the wifi??

Post Thanks / Like

A wireless access point. Usually a Ubiquiti Nanostation. But depending on your situation you may be able to use a wireless router. I am not the guy to help you with the specifics of that. I have a Nanostation with a 4 port switch to connect my RPi and a laptop to the wireless.

Dave-1200Px-20KLts

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast