Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 5v pixel power inject

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 5v pixel power inject

Anyone have any tips on power injection on strings with no injection wires ? Or is it just splice and solder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wilmar View Post
    Anyone have any tips on power injection on strings with no injection wires ? Or is it just splice and solder

There should be wires from the last pixel. Use those.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pmiller View Post
    There should be wires from the last pixel. Use those.

Ordered from Diy led express and all strings have no extra wires for injection so didnít know if there was a easy way to add or not

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wilmar View Post
    Ordered from Diy led express and all strings have no extra wires for injection so didnít know if there was a easy way to add or not

You have to use the negative and positive on the last wire out or order some tees from DIYledexpress. If their connectors aren't wired the same you will need to change the plug.

Post Thanks / Like

If you have connectors that will fit the ones that are on the pixels just connect to the negative and positive and not the data.

Post Thanks / Like

Iíll check on tees thanks

Post Thanks / Like

You only need the tees if you intend on running another string. If not then you need a connector so you can add power. You have a choice. If not running another string then just cut off the connector and only connect the power. If running another string you will need a tee.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pmiller View Post
    You only need the tees if you intend on running another string. If not then you need a connector so you can add power. You have a choice. If not running another string then just cut off the connector and only connect the power. If running another string you will need a tee.

Great thank you very helpful

Post Thanks / Like

How many pixels are on that string? I think what pmiller is referring to is that, many folks (myself included) would just inject the power at the very last pixel and limit the total string length to 100 pixels. If you are going to do 150 pixels per string (three x 50 pixels) as you stated earlier, then you need to have tees OR come up with some other approach. The majority of our display is done with 100 pixels per output on a controller and we send data+power to pixel 1 and then ONLY power to pixel 100. Wherever we go higher than that on the controller output (our window panel matrix units for example have 288 pixels per output), then we use tees to inject the power into the various points along the string.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nutz4lights View Post
    How many pixels are on that string? I think what pmiller is referring to is that, many folks (myself included) would just inject the power at the very last pixel and limit the total string length to 100 pixels. If you are going to do 150 pixels per string (three x 50 pixels) as you stated earlier, then you need to have tees OR come up with some other approach. The majority of our display is done with 100 pixels per output on a controller and we send data+power to pixel 1 and then ONLY power to pixel 100. Wherever we go higher than that on the controller output (our window panel matrix units for example have 288 pixels per output), then we use tees to inject the power into the various points along the string.
    Thanks I was running these on roof line edge 150 on garage edge and 169 on main house edge . My problem is everytime I order pixels from a different vender I get different injection points or none at all . The other ones from ray wu only have one injection at the beginning of each string . The ones from rextin have injection on both ends of string makes things a pain .

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456