Thread: Which file contains configured previews?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which file contains configured previews?

Hi all,
    I've been running my Christmas show so far this year with last year's preview config so the display shown on the computer is different from what I have set up outside. I copied the entire V3 file set onto another laptop and I've finally completed configuring a preview with everything in the correct location and linked everything to the correct elements, so now all I need to do is get that to the laptop that is running the show.

Which file(s) do I copy that contain the configured previews? With all of the sequences being unchanged I'm hoping I can just copy the correct files to the show computer and run with the new preview tonight.

TIA for any help!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Which file contains configured previews?

Assuming the preview is all that changed between the two profiles, you need to copy the SystemData folder from the profile over to the same place in the show computer profile. Those config files contain more than just the preview, so if your schedule is only on the show computer profile, that will be overwritten. Make sure you have backups in case you need to go back.

Post Thanks / Like

Just out of curiosity, what else is contained in the system data folder files? I see all of them are XML files and one of them is really large (about 12meg).
    I think all I have changed is adding the 2019 preview data (and I see I will have to update the schedule but no big deal there), but it would be nice to know generally what else is in there. I have no pixels, just 32 single AC channels so no pixel data there if that's included.
    I will make a full system data folder BU though for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OptykMuse View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what else is contained in the system data folder files? I see all of them are XML files and one of them is really large (about 12meg).
    I think all I have changed is adding the 2019 preview data (and I see I will have to update the schedule but no big deal there), but it would be nice to know generally what else is in there. I have no pixels, just 32 single AC channels so no pixel data there if that's included.
    I will make a full system data folder BU though for sure.
    Those files have all the configuration for the elements, patching, controllers, schedule, etc. It is the entire setup for the profile and they are linked together. There is not a way to just move the preview portions of them.