Thread: virtual matrix is this possible yet

Post Thanks / Like

Default virtual matrix is this possible yet

Im switched to projector mapping and making lights on the house is a pain frame by frame. Is the virtual matrix set up yet to do multiple matrices? It would be great not to just throw a big blob of lights and to make just strips of 1 lights running down the left side of house and so on.
    boarder3

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: virtual matrix is this possible yet

does anyone know how to even set up a virtual matrix i would like to try to see if i could somehow set up as 1 string on the side of my house. and output to multiple projectors. I cant find anything on virtual matrix but one thing thats no help.
    boarder3

Post Thanks / Like

this has been done. its on my to-do for 2020. i am not versed enough to give you the guidance you seek, however, the FPP facebook group has guy that are not only running the setup with projectors but a couple are running VM on flat screen TVs. you should join the group if you are aren't already a member

Post Thanks / Like

I replied on the FalconChristmas site, but wanted to mention it here also. You want the new Virtual Display channel output in FPP which takes the model and pixel info from xLights and displays a preview on the HDMI output on the Pi.

Post Thanks / Like

So i could pretend to draw fake pixels on outline of house and windows and virtual display that? if that's what your saying that is amazing and exactly what im looking to do.
    boarder3

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boarder3 View Post
    So i could pretend to draw fake pixels on outline of house and windows and virtual display that? if that's what your saying that is amazing and exactly what im looking to do.
    again i am still researching, but i don't think it will replace the the software used for projector mapping that allows you to key in on specific tracing of a house outline or part of house. i believe it will take the projected image as the rectangle/square and you can identify the matrix LxW. but that matrix will fit the projected spot on the wall like in a movie theater.

Post Thanks / Like

no i took my image from my map and drew strings on it and hit export preview and it works . it just doesn't do exact sizing which would help tremendously. A 1920x1080 which is pi hdmi output would work flawlessly. im experimenting with brightness and other things now. Didn't know this feature existed till today. now just asking for size output option.
    boarder3