Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Nano Station Loco M2

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nano Station Loco M2

Can someone screen shot your settings for this ap for espixel sticks. Trying to get this working today.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Nano Station Loco M2

You might try this. It's proven to work well for a lot of folks. My network is a standalone network, not connected to the internet. It also uses an Edge-X router for DHCP addressing.

https://diychristmas.org/vb1/showthr...ll=1#post95821

http://digwdf.com/store/
    The DIGWDF Store is closed for all sales. Thanks to everyone who supported us through the years!
    User guides, documentation and other files are still free and available for downloading.

Post Thanks / Like

I got it. Search function still works. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Triple to dirknerkle's post and link above. That one post link saved my bacon this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Similar issues here. I have everything set up with static IP addresses so I should be fine with just with WAP and no router (no need for DHCP). Switching everything over from unicast to multicast to get rid of some lag issues. Traditionally, however, multicast has proven to be a nightmare for me...

Post Thanks / Like

One of the things that will absolutely eat your lunch is if you constantly log into the network/router/AP or one of the ESP's with your phone while the show is running. This is a super-big, HUUUUUUUUGE, incredibly unspeakably bad no-no!

The act of doing that effectively forces that device's operation from multicast back into unicast mode because of the direct, two-way traffic to a specific IP. Multicast is a "send it and forget it" mechanism -- similar to your local radio station -- which broadcasts out into the air without knowing or caring who might be listening. Once you change the rules and make a direct, 2-way connection to a unit, it completely mucks up the system, and it likely will affect the entire network and therefore, your show.

Think back to when you were having trouble...you probably logged into one or more units to check or change them, right? ARRRRGGHHGHGHGHGHHHHHH!!!! You did the dirty deed!!!

So resist the temptation to... "I think I'll just check this one prop...." while the show is running. Do all your checking at times when the show is NOT running, get things set up the way you need them to be and then disconnect your phone from the network, followed by a full restart of the whole network and props to eliminate any hint of leftover unicast traffic from your phone.

BTW, I had 65 ESP controllers out in my show last year and virtually no lag. It can be done if you say away from checking the network all the time.
    Last edited by dirknerkle; 12-16-2019 at 07:01 PM.

http://digwdf.com/store/
    The DIGWDF Store is closed for all sales. Thanks to everyone who supported us through the years!
    User guides, documentation and other files are still free and available for downloading.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Nano Station Loco M2 driving 12 ESP controllers. AP ----> switch (Linksys GS-108)----> FPP. All ESP's have static IP's, 192.168.5.26 - 192.168.5.37. When I power on all the the ESP's they wont connect to the AP unless the switch is connected to the house LAN. The house lan has a different IP address (192.168.254.xxx).

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo3301 View Post
    I have a Nano Station Loco M2 driving 12 ESP controllers. AP ----> switch (Linksys GS-108)----> FPP. All ESP's have static IP's, 192.168.5.26 - 192.168.5.37. When I power on all the the ESP's they wont connect to the AP unless the switch is connected to the house LAN. The house lan has a different IP address (192.168.254.xxx).

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Why are you using the switch? You can just go directly from the Pi to the WAP; that's the beauty of running static IPs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kazanjig View Post
    Why are you using the switch? You can just go directly from the Pi to the WAP; that's the beauty of running static IPs.
    There are other devices in the yard that are not wireless. Two upgraded E681's and one E6804.

FPP ---> switch ---> AP, 2 E681's, E6804

Post Thanks / Like

Does the AP (or any of the devices) have a Gateway configured? That may be what is causing the issue
    Matt

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast