Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Nano Station Loco M2

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Nano Station Loco M2

Returning the m5 ugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

In a temporary mode, you can always set up the ESP to connect to your home wifi network for the sake of testing a display piece. One ESP module isn't going to do much (if anything) to your home network's performance, especially if you're just learning how to make the gear work, how to configure it, etc. Later, when you get the right 2.4ghz AP for your show network, you can always just log into the ESP module and change the SSID and pw to be for your show network, and as long as your show network's A/P is running, it will connect to that.

http://digwdf.com/store/
    The DIGWDF Store is closed for all sales. Thanks to everyone who supported us through the years!
    User guides, documentation and other files are still free and available for downloading.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dirknerkle View Post
    In a temporary mode, you can always set up the ESP to connect to your home wifi network for the sake of testing a display piece. One ESP module isn't going to do much (if anything) to your home network's performance, especially if you're just learning how to make the gear work, how to configure it, etc. Later, when you get the right 2.4ghz AP for your show network, you can always just log into the ESP module and change the SSID and pw to be for your show network, and as long as your show network's A/P is running, it will connect to that.
    Thanks looking at ordering the m2 now that Iíve returned the m5 . What else is needed a router ? I ran the esp off the home network fine but before buying anything wireless I need to get this separate network thing solved then still need to configure the whole sacn thing to even run those controllers from vixen . Just kinda lost with the networking stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll suggest that you pick up the M2 and also the ubiquiti Edge-X router for the most flexible and secure setup. Together they'll be about $100 but in this hobby, we regularly blow that amount on stuff that we eventually find we never use.

With both units, the M2 can be a pure AP only and the Edge-X router (which has 5 ports) can be the DHCP server and give you more segmenting capability of networks -- keeping your show network apart from your home network yet allowing access to both if you wish.

The Edge-X is a "managed" router, which opens the door for some pretty cool stuff. Don't be afraid of it -- it can do the "easy" stuff, too.

http://digwdf.com/store/
    The DIGWDF Store is closed for all sales. Thanks to everyone who supported us through the years!
    User guides, documentation and other files are still free and available for downloading.

Post Thanks / Like

Which of the Edge-X are you recommending? (ER-X ?)
    Live, Laugh, Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dirknerkle View Post
    I'll suggest that you pick up the M2 and also the ubiquiti Edge-X router for the most flexible and secure setup. Together they'll be about $100 but in this hobby, we regularly blow that amount on stuff that we eventually find we never use.

With both units, the M2 can be a pure AP only and the Edge-X router (which has 5 ports) can be the DHCP server and give you more segmenting capability of networks -- keeping your show network apart from your home network yet allowing access to both if you wish.

The Edge-X is a "managed" router, which opens the door for some pretty cool stuff. Don't be afraid of it -- it can do the "easy" stuff, too.
    You going to help me set this stuff up ? Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Thereís several to choose from any specific?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456