Thread: How to store built coro snowflakes, tips & experience solicited

Post Thanks / Like

Default How to store built coro snowflakes, tips & experience solicited

I am planning to begin using coro stars and snowflakes with pixels, probably 24 inch versions to start with. (boscoyo studios and/or holiday coro).

One concern I have is storage, needing it to be compact without damaging the coro. (Nowadays I try to plan the storage before building a prop, so I have not ordered yet).

I have bullets, but am thinking to get & use square pixels instead for a flatter and easier to store prop. Are the square pixels better for this purpose?

What's your experience with storing these kind of props?

-----
    I can imagine finding a large box (> 24" x 24") and stacking them, but I'm imagining that the wires won't stack well, twisting the pixels and maybe bending the coro or the holes?

I am imagining using a flat material (plywood? foamcore?) with holes matching the pixels holes, and placing a coro face into it perhaps from each side; the wires would stick out one each side from a flat mounting surface. Then hoist this between the garage rafters. Just a brainstorm, not sure it would work out.

How much protection from bending does the coro need? Maybe I'm overly concerned, I have not worked with this kind of coro before (10mm); the thin stuff is pretty fragile.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How to store built coro snowflakes, tips & experience solicited

I have 8 of them and stack them on top of each other on a shelf... no issues

Post Thanks / Like

I have 10. Stacked on a shelf in the shed. I do stack them face-to-face and back-to-back but I dont think it makes a difference. The point is to stack them flat.

2020 Full sized show reworked for the new location. Only adding (famous last words) 13 RBLs that I finally got converted to using pixels
    2019 - Just moved into a new home (yet another change of plans). Will be dim but not dark. Too much to do at the new place to leave time for a show. Dim show (3000 pixels) had regular visits most nights.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX...ttrsZNARkUce0Q

Post Thanks / Like

I built crates for my coro props. That way I can store and transport them horizontally and protected.

Post Thanks / Like

Could you show a picture of the crates?

Post Thanks / Like

They’re back in storage now. I’ll have to snap some pics when they come back out during tear down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I stack in a cardboard box using short PVC pieces over pixels as spacers......then rubber band them together.
    1/2 X 1” front to front, and 3/4 X 2” on back to back. One spacer per leg.
    In Lights Therapy

Post Thanks / Like

I've got around 40 and they literally just go into the attic stacked on top of each other. They are several years old and I have had low failure rate. Ray Wu pixels... 5V... the ones that don't catch on fire ;)