Thread: Schedule playlist to play every 10 minutes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Schedule playlist to play every 10 minutes

Is this possible in Falcon Player? I even tried uploading a 10 minute mp3 with no sound and an associated sequence with all lights simply on for the duration of the silent mp3, but alas, it doesn't seem to work. Falcon Player status page indicates the silent track is 'playing' and the elapsed time, but the sequence to go with it doesn't work. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Schedule playlist to play every 10 minutes

It should work. You can schedule a sequence and media, sequence only, or music only items. You shouldn't need a silent MP3 file. A "sequence only" playlist entry should do the trick. Perhaps a screenshot of the playlist setup would help us help you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jchuchla View Post
    It should work. You can schedule a sequence and media, sequence only, or music only items. You shouldn't need a silent MP3 file. A "sequence only" playlist entry should do the trick. Perhaps a screenshot of the playlist setup would help us help you.
    Yeah I tried doing just the sequence as well, but it ended up just skipping the sequence and played the next thing in the playlist instead. Here is a screenshot of the silent track and sequence as item #3 in the playlist.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

You may want to update your FPP version. There's some things on that screenshot that don't look right. I don't know what that last column is in the playlist view. That isn't there on mine. Your now playing line also only shows the playlist name, not the item it's playing.

Post Thanks / Like

So I was able to figure this out, and get just the sequence to work. My first attempt at doing so, I made the sequence in xLights using a custom timing of 6000ms thinking it would be easier (for some reason i don't understand anymore) to make an all-on for 10 minutes sequence. Apparently this was the issue. Made a new sequence using the default 20ms timing and it worked.

Post Thanks / Like

20ms is the default in xLights now? That's 50 frames per second. That's a pretty high rate.

Glad to hear you figured it out. I'd never have thought to go down that path.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jchuchla View Post
    20ms is the default in xLights now? That's 50 frames per second. That's a pretty high rate.

Glad to hear you figured it out. I'd never have thought to go down that path.
    No, the default timing is still 50ms. At least it is in mine -- I'm not sure if you change it and then close the program if it pulls up the last time or reverts back for "default timing" as I've never changed it.

Post Thanks / Like

maybe he meant 20fps, which = 50ms.

Post Thanks / Like

yes, I meant 20fps...sorry about that!