Thread: Operating Temperature

Post Thanks / Like

Default Operating Temperature

First year using a CG-1500 enclosure with a Falcon F4v3 and a 12V power supply. I know those in the southern states have to vent, and those in the northern states sometimes have to heat. I'm right in the middle, and am curious if anyone knows the normal operating temps for the F4V3. At what point would it be necessary to at a minimum put in some ventilation holes? It's been running for a week with no issues, but trying to prevent long term problems. As I type it's 34F outside, and on the F4V3 status page, Temp 1 is 100F and Processor Temp is 115F. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Operating Temperature

Outside 34 here. My F16 is running 92 and F48 is running 102 both in Cg1500ís. Thatís about where mine always run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Operating Temperature

Currently 29.8F outside in Canton, Ohio... yours seem just a little bit high to me... I have ventilation and fans on my enclosures. Custom built using smaller size plastic storage totes...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    CantonSouthChristmas

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Operating Temperature

I'm debating on putting little fans in my CG-1500 boxes. I am running 2 12V PSUs and a E682 controller board in each. After the show has been running for a few minutes I can easily hear the PSU fans inside the boxes.

For reference, I am near Portland, OR, and the temps this week have been in the low 30s to mid 40s. My Rasp Pi that sits attached to a board in the garage is telling me it's running right around 42C, so I might get some heat sinks for that unit.