Thread: Help! Entire show is down

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help! Entire show is down

Ok. I haven't been very active in years on the boards. Quite frankly I am not very good at computers and electronics, but I managed to do just fine for the past 12 years. I am running 7 older Ren 24's and a Ren 64. I am using a moxa 8 multi port. The issue seems to be with the ports being identified. Things were running fine since Thanksgiving. Then tonight... poof nothing. When I try to run a program I get an error message for the ports. The computer seems to recognize the Moxa card and ports. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver. Again. I haven't had to mess with this in so long. It has run just fine for over a decade. AAHHH! Help!

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help! Entire show is down

craziest thing. It just came back. No idea. I didn't do anything. I left things unplugged out of frustration while I came inside to research. Went back out in the garage, plugged the computer in and ran a test. Wham!!! A Christmas miracle!! And keep in mind I had rebooted and or shut the computer completely off during several attempts at trying different things including reinstalling the drivers. No clue but, thank you Lord! Had tons of cars coming by disappointed. Any one have ideas as to what caused this?

Post Thanks / Like

No ideas for you - Sorry, But i do know the relief when things start working again.

I have the same issue when i change the storage location on my Rasberry Pi. It disappears and nothing, then a few tries later, it comes back.
    http://www.vixenlights.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Vixen3-Logo-435x165White-300x107.png

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds to me like there might be some corrosion on a connector somewhere. If it's all of the ports on the Moxa at once, I'd power the PC off, remove the Moxa card, clean the slot connectors by rubbing with a rubber eraser, insert/remove/reinsert (ect) the card in the PC's slot a few times and then give it another try after locking-in the card. Interface cards can periodically experience some galvanic corrosion at the slot/connector area.

Just a guess.....

http://digwdf.com/store/
    The DIGWDF Store is closed for all sales. Thanks to everyone who supported us through the years!
    User guides, documentation and other files are still free and available for downloading.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Dirk. That is a great idea. Yes it was all the ports at once. When I was trouble shooting I tried isolating each port and they all seemed to be down. I thought the card went bad or even the harness. I never considered a bad contact, but that makes a lot of sense.
    Dave